Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 101.

Samstag, 23. Juli 2016, 14:31

Forenbeitrag von: »AQUAR«

Itian SQ201W and Openwrt problem

You might try to contact the guy from the Open Gemini blog. http://opengemini.free.fr/wiki/doku.php?id=start He has compiled openwrt for that SOC used by a few NAS boxes. His name is Frederic Pecourt.

Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2016, 12:53

Installing the 2 drives in mirror RAID 1

Hi, I build that package as part of cross compiling the OpenWRT firmware for my MvixBox. It's set up for the Gemini SOC and it will cross compile most packages I include (not done it for years now!).. The build root for doing that is not mine but it was given to me by the developer behind the opengemini blog. We worked together to port OpenWRT to my test MvixBOX. As far as I know, those that have tried to use it on these Gemini based NAS boxes, have run into some issues. Not tried it myself, but...

Sonntag, 13. Dezember 2015, 08:08

DIR685 revival

Oh well - as we say here " that's the way the cookie crumbles". If you are using the FTD chip for connecting to the RS232 port, then you maybe able to use it for connecting to the JTAG bus. The process written by HWGuru is what you need plus the binaries. Never had the need to unbrick a NAS box via JTAG myself, but our forum admin is an expert at it. A bit of a guess here, but you just need to have a copy of all the MTD "partitions" and load them in the right places via JTAG. You can save them f...

Montag, 30. November 2015, 11:55

DIR685 revival

Don't know anything about this particular NAS box. But in my NAS box I have to do both the Kernel and the RAMDISK. AFAIK the RAMDISK binaries provides access to the user for setting up the NAS. Don't choose FIRMWARE unless you have the binaries for the whole flash memory, else you will brick the NAS box (everything will be wiped including the bootloader). Looks to me you only did half the job. BUT I might be wrong with this hardware, so just take it as something to consider.

Montag, 15. Juni 2015, 13:57

Edimax 2502 unbrick (dead after rs232 upgrade firmware )

Maybe first use redboot to flash the MTD partitions with known good kernel and ram binaries. eg your previous firmware. Don't have an edimax but are all the entry points for the MTD partitions correct for the edimax firmwares? Other thought is to compare the log with that found on the open gemini blog. Seems to me lots of drivers aren't being initialised.

Mittwoch, 10. Juni 2015, 12:59

The firmware flash option most likely did write bad code in the flash memory address space where redboot resides. Seems You already know that JTAG flashing is the only way to unbrick the NAS box. Not done JTAG myself but HWGuru may be able to help if you get into trouble. Did you save any binaries with the MTD driver before the update disaster?

Montag, 8. Juni 2015, 13:36

Do you still have access to the redboot bootloader? If so I think you can try to reflash with the appropriate binaries. Also maybe try openwrt binaries from the opengemini blog. Not done this for a long time so my recollection is a bit rusty.

Sonntag, 16. März 2014, 06:48

Experiences so far using other open-wrt sources on MZK-NAS02SG

Seems very promising so far. No thought on how to speed up this process but hopefully its just a one time setup inconvenience. I wonder if slow resync speed is typical for these types of NAS devices with low processing power. Maybe others can give some feedback relative to NAS devices with RAID 1 functionality.

Samstag, 8. März 2014, 10:46

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully you will work through the issues and find out what needs doing to add RAID 1 functionality.

Mittwoch, 5. März 2014, 07:01

Hi t3ch42, Yes its better to start a new thread . Have a look at this thread Installing the 2 drives in mirror RAID 1 That one describes the experience from the only other person that was interested in software raid. The interest was for RAID 1, so see if you can get that working. I did contact the developer of this software once and might solicit for help if needed. Also I can set up my test unit and experiment along side, as long as I get some help wrt Linux (if needed!). The test unit is set ...

Montag, 3. März 2014, 10:18

Trouble with nfs server openwrt gemini install nas02sg

Hi t3ch42, Nice to get someone familiar with Linux, embedded devices and also interested to tinker a bit with this NAS hardware. I also am still interested, but require incentive to load up and play with Linux and with this NAS. Those packages from the OpenwWRT site are for the Williboard that uses the same SOC, and are indeed compatible. I can compile the source for these packages to match the OPKG definitions used by the OpenWRT/OpenGemini port. What changes did you make to opkg.conf to allow ...

Sonntag, 2. März 2014, 12:08

Unbricking IB-NAS4210-B

A pity the OP hasn't come back to this request for help. The NAS does respond with a green light when the ethernet is connected. Makes me think that the bootloader is intact and the boot process flows into kernel panic. So recovery via the serial port seems very probable (maybe already achieved!).

Samstag, 1. März 2014, 06:29

What is your source for the OpenWRT port? AFAIK the only OpenWRT port for the gemini SOC, and being specific to this hardware, is the one you find on the opengemini blog. The peson behind that work also did the OpenWRT port for the MvixBox with some input from me (same hardware - different MTD partitioning). All of the OPKG packages on the opengemini site were cross compiled from source by the same buildroot that created the OpenWRT firmware. Surely they do not fail to install because the kernel...

Donnerstag, 27. Februar 2014, 12:51

That's a lucky outcome, and nice that the NAS box survived. If you play around with the OpenWRT it would be nice to get some feedback. Eg, if you make it boot from the HDD instead of the flash memory you have more space to try various packages.

Montag, 24. Februar 2014, 09:36

Hope you get the NAS box operational again. Thunderstorms are notorious for frying electronics. I have a fast switch device on my PC that turns off the supply on any brownout / over-voltage, plus a fair few surge suppressors (varistors) in the supply line to the PC's. Its not so much the brownout itself (switch mode power supplys are very tolerant) but the surge type transients from line faults, and lightning strikes on the lines, that causes damage. Does the NAS box power up? I am pretty sure y...

Sonntag, 23. Februar 2014, 13:21

Hi t3ch42, First I have to point out that this NAS uses a storlink - gemini SOC. All packages, programs etc have to be cross compiled for the CPU inside that SOC. There is no point trying to install debian packages designed/compiled for intel or AMD CPU's. The linux kernel used by this port of OpenWRT is later than any of the OEM firmwares but obviously not up to the latest. Afterall it is an older NAS and the port was done more than 2 years ago. The nfs file server works very nicely on this NAS...

Montag, 20. Januar 2014, 12:29

Firmware upgrade and crash

Sorry but I am not inclined to engage in "on again - off again" help sessions without appropriate etiquette. But as some friendly advice: - make sure that your USB to Serial gadget is wired to present 3.3 volts on the data pins. The type you purchased is likely to be hard wired for TTL logic levels (ie presents 5.0 volts on the data pins). If 5 volts then you are likely to damage the MBOX serial port (without appropriate current limiting on these data paths!). - all binaries are available on the...

Samstag, 4. Januar 2014, 04:54

Unbricking IB-NAS4210-B

I think you will find all that unbricking information in the WIKIS. An FTDI based USB2SERIAL,with access to the CCTB to set it up for voltage level shifting on the serial data lines, is what you need. Breadboard versions readily available on EBAY.

Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2013, 10:25

As VLAD21 has not returned, I must assume the NAS box was either not bricked or has been replaced. For those still interested in the next step (if it was bricked!). You can install OpenWRT via the onboard serial port and restore the NAS to proper functionality. It is possible to slip the 4 pin connector onto the serial port without dismantling the box (albeit with a fair bit of fiddling). The OpenWRT binaries to directly flash the memory are available on the OpenGemini website.

Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2013, 03:34

I don't use Linux myself so not all that familiar with the way things work. However I think your network configuration file seems to now be setup correctly for working in the OpenWRT subnet. The fact that Nmap scans and finds the PC seems to suggest the network is working. I'll have to connect my test unit to see for myself how the NAS responds to a static network connection. Try to experiment: 1) The MBOX power supply doesn't always start properly when the power to it is turned on. So try to cy...