Montag, 18. Dezember 2017, 17:45 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 20.

Dienstag, 6. Januar 2009, 17:39

Forenbeitrag von: »kevcole«

How to get TWONKY Media installed on my SOHO NAS using Tinky?

Hi Snoopy thanks for the advice, looks like i dont have IPKG option. although i have installed twonky it is a modified version. HWguru sent me a few lines of script to get telnet to connect. so it is not very likely i will be able to run the packages as per a normal twonky installation. many thanks Kev

Freitag, 19. Dezember 2008, 10:11

i give up!!!!! i have managed to connect with telnet (more help from HWguru ) but after spending a few hours trying to work out how to get mediatomb installed on my nas i have given up. is there a walk through i can follow? i found http://www.freelists.org/post/nas-2000/T…aller-for-Tinky to install twonkymedia, but the link is dead. is there something similar for mediatomb?????? hope you can help Kev

Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2008, 15:45

folder permissions

Hello HWguru i have putty, but when i try to connect via telnet i get nothing. don't forget the ssh server is not working with this version of tinky from thomas. any ideas on which web sites will help me learn a few of the commands once (if??) i can log on? thanks again mate Kev

Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2008, 01:40

folder permissions

ok, the problem i have is this. i got my nas un bricked with lots of help from hwguru, and swapped the firmware to tinky with help from thomas's files. working perfectly so far, even the printer works! but now folders i created and filled with my files appear to have been 'taken over' by another owner. it happened when i got hold of an old iBook from my friend to swap out a broken lcd for him. i accessed some of the files whilst i was playing around with it. i know nothing about mac systems and ...

Sonntag, 14. Dezember 2008, 22:00

Hi Snoopy your right, i just want a upnp media server, so mediatomb will do nicely if i can get it to work i will see how far i can get without help cheers Kev

Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2008, 15:24

hello again it's been sometime since the last post, i have been waiting for some advice a good man called Thomas, but in his last email he told me his Smartdisc Sohonas has a hardware fault and could not be fixed. so now all my hopes of adding twonkymedia are gone. so if anyone has skills with the firmware, and can understand how thomas managed to get it working on his smartdisc device cheers Kev

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2008, 13:29

hello again downloaded and ran putty.exe for a SSH connection connects to nas IP and asks for login:password, i enter either admin:admin or root:nas2000 but the reply is: "incoming packet was garbled on decryption" any ideas? cheers Kev

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2008, 12:41

Hi well i finally got my nas unbricked thanks to HWguru now i'm back to twonkymedia installation. i have put the twonky.tgz file into public/applications/new software and rebooted. but still i have nothing in my GUI to start twonky service. i can connect via telnet, but the i am confused by the ipkg packages . i use telnet, then to command prompt but the text i type: "echo "src tinky-ls http://www.arsenio.net/dualhddnas/ipkg" >> /etc/ipkg.conf echo "#src tinky-ls-unstable http://www.arsenio.net/...

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2008, 12:07

how do i unbrick my verbatim soho nas

Hi all after many a late night head scratching, and with lots of help for HWguru we have finally managed to unbrick my smartdisk/verbatim sohonas to enable the jtag on the nas you need to solder across R28 and the jtag will connect and allow the bootloader to be flashed. then you can revert back to telnet and use the firmware.save flash kindly available on http://thomas.schiex.free.fr/Files/ so less of this and more of you can also change to the tinky-mu firmware via the web-gui update and the f...

Samstag, 20. September 2008, 14:21

ok found some pins, inserted into socket, just want to make sure there in the right places? cheers Kev[attach]145[/attach]

Samstag, 20. September 2008, 13:37

hello all jtag20 arived this morning, i'm just lokking thru the garage now for some suitable wire to use for the pins Kev

Sonntag, 14. September 2008, 22:43

Hi JTAG20 ordered, will let you all know when the parts arrive and i'm ready to kill it even more Kev

Samstag, 13. September 2008, 19:33

more pictures [attach]138[/attach] [attach]139[/attach] [attach]140[/attach] [attach]141[/attach] K4H561638F=DDR SDRAM - CY7C683008=USB 2.0 to ATA Bridge - S29GL064M-R4=FLASH - SL3316=CPU enjoy

Samstag, 13. September 2008, 16:58

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JTAG-Programmer-JT…1713.m153.l1262 this looks like the tool? will need to get a plug for the board, will i need to solder it on or will it work just pushed into place? will take more pictures of the chips when i get home Kev

Samstag, 13. September 2008, 11:28

morning all attached a couple of pics of the circuit board. Kev

Freitag, 12. September 2008, 20:11

http://www.raidsonic.de/de/pages/service/beta_confirm.php no panik now, it's a real brick now no bootloader you guessed it, i did the option X.............. Kev

Freitag, 12. September 2008, 18:54

hello again one problem, downloaded the http://www.nas-2000.org/download/tinky-2_3_2_mu_02/ but when i try to unzip it so i can use the ramdisk and application files, i get an error. am i doing something wrong? Kev

Freitag, 12. September 2008, 18:42

ok, the story so far......i'm in need of a mediaserver so i can make use of my PS3 other than just playing games. spent a few nights surfing and found a few threads regarding twonkymedia and tinky-ls. i was totally lost with trying to install twonky(yeah, yeah, easy you will say) but i was lost. found out that i could upgrade the firmware easily enugh using the smartdisk firmware page. all went ok, new black gui, pretty smart. but still i didnt know how to install twonky. there were lots of comm...

Freitag, 12. September 2008, 17:26

Hi snoopy thanks for the kind words but after transating a german pdf file i felt confident to use another firmware which would help, but alas i now have a brick!!!!!! i'm just trying to install the files needed using telnet and tptpd (from the unbrick your nas wiki) tried it once with the tinky-ls files but it's not right. the network recognises it but i have no gui, so i'm guessing i need another file installing somewhere???? the only thing from your message i can't sort out is the web gui for...

Donnerstag, 11. September 2008, 18:28

stooopid question

hi all this will sound like a pretty stupid question, but i have to start somewhere!!! i have a verbatim sohonas device that i want to run as my mediaserver for my PS3. i have read that twonkymedia will work on this device once i have changed to tinky-ls firmware. i have downloaded and installed the tinky-ls firmware using the firmware update page on the sohonas web page i have found a suitable twonkymedia file from their website (raidsonic NAS1000/2000 version) but i'm at a loss how to get it i...