Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-9 von insgesamt 9.

Samstag, 5. März 2011, 20:11

Forenbeitrag von: »jharris1993«

Unbricking SmartDisk SOHO NAS

Sir, I have tried to use ICYBOX Flash Start (v 1.0) on my Windows 7 (amd64) box, and I am having a problem. I set my computer to an IP address within the subnet defined by the NAS default IP. I have both devices plugged into a switch that has no other devices on it. I try to start the Flash Start program and I get a dialog that asks for an IP address, which I fill in. After that - nothing. The readme instructions say to put in the IP address you want to try, and "start Flash start" I cannot see ...

Mittwoch, 2. März 2011, 19:47

Zitat von »HWguru« As I know there is not any packet sent by the bootloader But there is a small time window at boot where you can access the bootloader with telnet. The easiest way is using Flashstart. Of course you need to know the standard IP address being used by the bootloader which is fixed. Note: always disconnect the disk before flashing or using JTAG. HWguru Sir, I have examined this in detail, on an isolated network using Wireshark. This tool lets me see every single packet that goes ...

Dienstag, 1. März 2011, 23:24

Zitat von »HWguru« Hi, the Wiki should be ok again. It has been down for some maintenance. Absolutely correct! I have finally been able to connect to it. Thanks! Zitat von »HWguru« I have some general information for you. If the bootloader is still alive: - The bootloader of a SL3316 based system should be possible being reached by telnet - access with a 3.3V serial adapter is possible always Like I said before - it does not even get that far. There is no IP address, no polling, nothing but the...

Dienstag, 1. März 2011, 06:35

Update: Re: JTAG pinouts. Some judicious web searches, (I like http://www.dogpile.com - they hit all the search engines, like Google, etc. all from one place.), found a web-site that provides a LOT of information on JTAG, the spec's, etc. Viz.: http://jtagcables.com/jtag-pinout- they have just about any piece of information about JTAG, its standards, quirks, etc. On their pinout page, I copied the pinouts that appeared to be the most relevant to these discussions: Quellcode 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 Pin AV...

Dienstag, 1. März 2011, 04:44

OK. I took some pictures which I will try to upload. I apologize for the fuzzy pictures - no, they're not out of focus, this is just my natural tremor - which is why I don't want to go sneaking around in places where microscopes fear to tread! (I could not find the tripod. . .) Oops! The pictures are too big! (I deliberately took 10 mp pictures so you could zoom in for better detail) All is not lost! I uploaded them to my account on MediaFire: You can find them here: http://tinyurl.com/soho-nas-...

Dienstag, 1. März 2011, 03:35

Zitat von »HWguru« Hi, with such specific questions you will never get a RTFM here. One can see if a user did some research. The most important thing is having a serial connection to the board. Have you tried accessing the bootloader through telnet? At the Wiki you find a memory map for the flash, too Regards, HWguru Note: Please don't ask for help through private messages, other users may have the same question. I will move this thread to "Software" as it is not related to "Hardware" OK, I apo...

Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2011, 03:14

UPDATE: Additional research disclosed (using Wireshark - a definite candidate for my "Hot Smokin' Weapon!" award!) that the furthest the box got was a BOOTP request. Could not even get to RedBoot. I suspect that - at the very lowest level - the unit has the capability of asking for a boot image via BOOTP, which would then allow a firmware image to be uploaded. I have not tried sending a boot image in response to the BOOTP request. . . . (Hmmmm. . . . I have a 2k8 server with DHCP. . . . maybe I ...

Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2011, 19:07

Greetings All! Reference: Forum thread located at how do i unbrick my verbatim soho nas First: I have read that thread - and other similar threads, including the French one, thoroughly. Please do not reply with "RTFM!!" as I have already spent almost a week doing just that. Unfortunately, many of the documents are in German. Issue: I have the SmartDisk / Verbatim SOHO NAS referenced in the preevious thread, and I got it working with the patched 2.3.2.03b firmware that I found on the French site ...

Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2011, 02:25

VERBATIM/SMARTDISK SOHO NAS telnet access

Zitat von »snoopy« THX RoadRanger! Could anyone owning such a NAS device proof that? Snoopy Confirmed on firmware version 2.3.2.03b (with FTP Bug Fix - see french forum for the link. . .) Edit: (later, after looking up the forum referenced) ---------------------------------- Link to corrected firmware (which I am using - the default IP is 169.254.151.38, no DHCP enabled), taken from French forum: http://thomas.schiex.free.fr/Files/SOHONAS_v2_3_2_03b-TS.tar.gz (TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/SOHONA...