Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-4 von insgesamt 4.

Sonntag, 8. April 2012, 18:55

Forenbeitrag von: »Pelle900«

Installing the 2 drives in mirror RAID 1

HiI am not that familiar with compiling and definitely not for these embedded devices. If you could be so kind and compile the package for me I would be very thankful.For sure I will put my experiences of the process to achieve RAID1 on the board. I would actually even try to do a RAID5 with a third USB disk just for fun.What I can see this is the path to the mdadm source and the current version is 3.2.3 http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/raid/mdadm/ The application is still in development an...

Sonntag, 8. April 2012, 13:15

I have been waiting sooo long for someone with the brains to do something like this. More or less since the day I bought it 2008 because I can't imagine what the firmware guys thought of when they made the original firmware. I sucked really bigtime!I failed with the http://opengemini.free.fr firmware previously so when yours worked I am so happy.I am a happy Qnap NAS owner nowadays but I have always hoped to get some use for the MvixBOX. I have by the way a pre-release of the box. This is indica...

Samstag, 7. April 2012, 07:19

Hi again,All how-to's I have found for Linux RAID-setup uses "mdadm" to achive RAID configurations. It looks like the mdadm package is not included in this version of OpenWRT. It would have been good the firmware had the possibility to mirror its drives. Stripe or plain drives is nothing I use any more due to previous experiences with lost data on single drive NAS systems.BestPelle

Freitag, 6. April 2012, 17:40

HiGreat job with the firmware for the MVIXBOX. Finally something else than the very crappy original firmware!Even better that you can revert it back to the original firmware from OpenWRT!Installation vent well except that the "default IP" for the MVIXBOX is not a default one. It is the last one set within the MWIXBOX firmware before you remove the drives and access the recovery page. This is at least what I discovered with my unit.After this discovery I successfully got new life into my MVIXBOX ...