Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-10 von insgesamt 10.

Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2013, 00:14

Forenbeitrag von: »bootlegger«

trying to unbrick a dual nas sata

.Just going to finish off this thread now with some information I gained about my NAS device and FTDI programmer. Hopefully this will be useful to someone in the future. When testing the FTDI USB interface, I saw references to shorting tdi/tdo. This translated to tdi/tdo=rts/cts - so short rts/cts on the ftdi programmer I worked out that the JP1 interface on my NAS box was the following spec: Quellcode 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ARM 1 VREF - Voltage Ref 2 VSupply - Supply Voltage 2 3 TRST - T...

Montag, 18. Februar 2013, 00:09

Thanks for the Kudos Aquar I think its only fair to reply and keep everyone informed as to my findings (even if it does sound like I am rambling!) as without the help of this forum (especially HWGuru) I would not have my NAS box back. I can only hope my findings help someone else out in the future. Its been an interesting learning curve about the device. Bootlegger

Samstag, 16. Februar 2013, 14:30

Alrighty then, back to a working system of sorts I turns out my impatients was part of the problem waiting for the web interface. I couldnt seem to get any information from serial interface when booting the box to see what was going in. I tried 8,n,1,with variable bauds, but non seemed to show anything. I had 1 hard drive showed defunct (no data), but the other showed data, so added them both in together and let the raid re-build and now its workings. I still have a hardware fault that I can not...

Freitag, 15. Februar 2013, 21:24

oh, interesting. so the whole thing is ran from the HD. Would not have guessed at that. OK, maybe I will try the second disk only and (as it was a raid1 dual disc) and see if that works. If not, then maybe i will try an alternate HD as you mention. Will keep you posted. Bootlegger

Freitag, 15. Februar 2013, 14:10

Time for another update. Managed to have another go last night, but things havent improved much. The link you provided was to a similair firmware I had already tried - I had used ...B34, and yours was B36. I tried the B36 one, and again, I was able to load zImage, rd.gz and hddapps.tgz through redboot, and upon reboot, system did restart and did evetually come back with a ping on 192.168.1.1. Web interface worked at this point. I then attached a hard drive and rebooted. Eventually it came back o...

Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2013, 14:17

Thanks HWGuru, Yes, that is the same device. I will try that link out probably tomorrow night. (busy tonight with valentines and all that jazz ) I have a file name like that already (not sure of the exact numbers as I am not at my home PC at present) which is what I used to flash before, which has produced the strange results I described, but I will download and give that one a go and let you know. Cheers Bootlegger

Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2013, 01:33

Hi, trawling the internet I found this link: http://www.lindy.co.uk/dual-hdd-nas-pers…sata/32479.html This appears to be the one I purchased - as for the firmware, I am unsure, but looking throught the manual supplied on the link above, it implies CentriNas_2_3_2.tar.gz would be a valid firmware for this device. Another google search for CentriNas yields another possible firmware of CentreNas_v_2_3_3a.tar.gz, but the links appear dead now. Other links indicate its from ww.mrt-communications.com,...

Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2013, 15:33

Yes HWGuru does require hi praise indeed! Got my NAS working again last night (of sorts). Manged to write a redboot image, then got booted to the reboot kernal and updated various parts (image, rd, hdapps). I have a different issue now though, which I dont think belongs in this thread or forum, but I will tell all anyway. I was unsure of the exact redboot image to use, but most links i found for dual nas sata were dead. The reboot image i found and uploaded shows many different partitions, which...

Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013, 14:49

Aha! That will be where I am going wrong - whats the point of the serial interface then? I will hopefully get chance tonight to go through the jtag interface then, Good to know the programmers working - thought I may have wasted my money for a moment. Will let you know the outcome. Thanks. Bootlegger

Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013, 01:53

Newbies first attempt at unbricking a dual nas sata. I have followed all the guides I can find (and read) so far and have achieved the following results in the flashtool program (verbose mode): Quellcode 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Testing cabletype 3 JTAG-IDCODE: 0xffffffff - not OK Expected: 0x00526fa1 Bypass-test: 0xffffffff - not OK Expected: 0xaaab5554 Testing cabletype 4 JTAG-IDCODE: 0x00000000 - not OK Expected: 0x00526fa1 Bypass-test: 0x5555aaaa - not OK Expected: 0xaaab5554 Cable t...