Samstag, 25. November 2017, 04:39 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Freitag, 10. April 2009, 10:16

NAS wont save settings

Hi - for some reason my NAS won't accept any settings changes I make via the web interface.

For example - if I select to enable bonjour, or SSH server, on Twonkymedia and then clik on save, the page reloads with the setting still disabled....

infuriating! I have tried reflashing the firmware and it made no difference.

Am I missing something ?? Is this fixable?

snoopy

NAS2000-Team

Freitag, 10. April 2009, 11:53

Hi czechdol;h!

First of all: welcome in this board.

OK. Try to clear your browser cache and try an other browser like firefox. Maybe its the client and not the server. How do you connect pc to nas? Is there any Router, switch or something like that?

Greetz. Snoopy

PS. Pleaze post your devices. Best way to do so is in signature.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Der Mensch ist das wichtigste und kostbarste Peripheriegerät einer Computeranlage.

myStuff: NAS2001+4220(1000Gb-ext3)+Dlink524+KabelD. (120 Mbit)

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Freitag, 10. April 2009, 20:54

Hi,
settings are stored on disk (system partition).
Do you have a disk connected and formatted through the web interace? This creates a swap, system and user partition.

HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Sonntag, 12. April 2009, 18:34

Hi,

Yep 1TB disk installed, and everything was working perfectly until earlier this week - from basic storage and also streaming movies etc. to my Xbox 360 (via Twonkymedia)

Basic setup is DSL Router/Modem with the NAS connected via RJ45. Config attempts are being made via safari browser on my macbook - will try firefox and see if that makes a difference. I cleared all my cookies recently not sure if that could have made the difference - cant see how it could....

snoopy

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 14. April 2009, 11:21

Well, you are using safari on a Mac. Thats what I wanted 2 point. Times ago I had similar Problems. Switching to an othe browser solved the Prob. Maybe its the same in your case. If not, installing firefox and removing (if its not working) is a pretty small affordance.

So: try that out an tell me what you experienced.

Greetz.
Snoopy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Der Mensch ist das wichtigste und kostbarste Peripheriegerät einer Computeranlage.

myStuff: NAS2001+4220(1000Gb-ext3)+Dlink524+KabelD. (120 Mbit)

Dienstag, 14. April 2009, 20:04

Hi - thanks, but unfortunately I tried firefox and hasn't made a difference.......will try with a PC when i get a chance.

Seems odd that it used to work and suddenly doesn't now......

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 14. April 2009, 22:38

Anotehr idea...
As I mentioned already settings are stored on disk (system partition).

Connect the NAS with an USB cable to any linux (unix) machine and try to run a disk check (e2fsck) on the system partition.
Maybe there is some problem there.

It would be a good idea to backup the user data before because you never know what happens.

HWguru
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Mittwoch, 15. April 2009, 14:19

Well it gets worse, I can access the NAS via USB and the files, partitions etc are all there and can be accessed without any problems, but the web interface is down and there is no network access at all now.

I tried to catch the bootloader as per the various wiki's on the subject, but my nas (2001-B) doesn't seem to have any default IP at all.

With a cross over cable it seems to adopt a standalone (169.xxx.xxx.x) address and I've tried all the suggested addresses to target with the telnet client when I connect via a router (with and without DHCP enabled and with my machine on required subnet each time) and no success - I was going to try and reflash it.

At least I can get my files backed up via USB, but if I can't reflash the ROM then am I going to have to give up on this and get something else???

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Mittwoch, 15. April 2009, 14:44

Hi,
if you disconnect the drive, does the web if show up?
The nas must boot without disk.

I don't believe that any reflash procedure will help. The flash is never written to during normal operation.

HWguru

Mittwoch, 15. April 2009, 23:26

Haven't removed the disk yet because I haven't been able to back up my files yet - however the web IF now reports:

404 Not Found
The requested URL '/' was not found on this server.thttpd/2.25b 29dec2003</address>

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Mittwoch, 15. April 2009, 23:53

There has been a user with the same Problem on a Sohonas which uses nearly the same firmware. Link to the post...
There is no danger if you unplug the harddisk and reboot your nas without the disk.
Have yo tried to check the disk?
Do you have access to your nas with ssh/putty or telnet?

HWguru

Donnerstag, 16. April 2009, 13:27

With a cross over cable it seems to adopt a standalone (169.xxx.xxx.x) address and I've tried all the suggested addresses to target with the telnet client when I connect via a router (with and without DHCP enabled and with my machine on required subnet each time) and no success - I was going to try and reflash it.

When you connect your NAS directly to your PC... via Crossover-Cable, you need to set a static IP in your Network-properties.
There's no DHCP-Server who offers an IP and so Windows gives you an IP-Adress in private range, which doesn't fit to the subnet, your NAS is in...

Give your NIC the IP 192.168.2.1 by hand, so your NIC (192.168.2.1) and your NAS (192.168.2.71) are in the same subnet (255.255.255.0)

Then you should expect no problems, finding your bootloader...
...and eternity, my friend, is a long fucking time!

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 16. April 2009, 13:40

Some time agoI tried accessing the bootloader with a X-over cable and it did not work.
There are only 3 Seconds at boot where you can access the bootloader. This may be too short for your network interface to catch the connection. So it may depend on the network driver/hardware of your PC.

There is no problem if you connect a switch between.

In any case you must configure your PC to a fixed IP. Have a look at the wiki and the unbricking guide. But I am nearly 100% sure that your problem will not be solved by reflashing the firmware.

HWguru

Donnerstag, 16. April 2009, 15:31

If you use Windows XP, try googling for "Windows Media Sensing Patch"...

This one solved the 3sec problem in good old Dbox2 times...
...and eternity, my friend, is a long fucking time!

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 16. April 2009, 17:23

Hi,
gerade noch mal mit X-over Kabel getestet (inklusive dem vorgeschlagenen Patch). Bei meinem NB geht es definitiv NICHT.

Einfach mal folgendes Kommando in einer Dos Box versuchen...

Quellcode

ping -n 100 -w 100 192.168.2.71

Bei mir kommt ca. 10 Sekunden lange "Hardwarefehler." bis es dann in "Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung." übergeht. Es dauert also so lange bis bei mir das Netzwerkport wieder aufwacht.
Und das ist leider für den Bootloader zu lange.

Mit einem Switch kann das nicht passieren, weil die elektrische Verbindung aufrecht bleibt.
Kann aber natürlich sein, dass es mit einem anderen Rechner funktioniert, ist aber eine zusätzliche Fehlerquelle.

lG HWguru

Donnerstag, 16. April 2009, 23:47

Gents - firstly thanks for the advice it's greatly appreciated

I'm using a Mac, so the 3 second issue shouldn't apply since the NIC on this thing should be fast enough - but I will try sticking switch in the middle to be sure.

As for the static IP stuff & making sure the subnets are matched - I already did all that I'm not a complete idiot!!

HWGuru - didn't the guy with the Sohonas solve his issue by reflashing??

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 16. April 2009, 23:55

I already did all that I'm not a complete idiot!!

Sorry, no one mentioned that, but we don't know what experiences you have if you don't tell us. :rolleyes:

Well, zydoon flashed a new firmware but he maybe also formatted the disk. Then /system which holds the web interface is rebuilt.

1. Did you try to reboot and access the nas without a disk?
2. Don't you have any small old disk for a quick try? Just for checking if the nas hard and firmware is ok.

HWguru

Oh, just recognized that I posted in German language - will translate it.

Freitag, 17. April 2009, 00:31

Yep will get the drive out and test the NAS over the weekend - having trouble backing up the drive via USB since my Mac won't read the ext3 filesystem and I am downloading a knoppix livecd to let me boot into linux and move the files off. Probably no harm in just taking the drive out but im just being ultra cautious!

Don't worry about translating, I know enough German to make sense of what you said but not enough to try and post in German myself (long time since I learned it at school!)

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Freitag, 17. April 2009, 00:51

For a try with another disk you don't need a backup.
If you plug the old disk again, everything is as it has been before.

Samstag, 25. April 2009, 10:42

Hey - sorry I have been really busy with work lately.

I took the drive out, and the NAS appears to be fine.

I have all my data backed up now also (thanks to ubuntu) so I'll just reformat the drive via USB and hopefully the NAS will be back to normal!

Thanks for all your help HWGuru!