Samstag, 25. November 2017, 01:00 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Mittwoch, 10. Juni 2009, 11:20

BIG PROBLEM unbricking 35HD-dual-nas-e wih FTDI USB a UART TTL

Hi all, i need a superhelp please. First, sorry by my bad english.

I buy a 35hd-dual-nas-e and i bricked this (LOL). The redboot are ok but i can access this. I think the redboot are ok because i conect the nas with the pc and have a ping to the 192.168.0.200 ip and reply the nas.

I buy a FTDI USB a UART TTL, in ebay, are this:

but i can not connect whit the redboot. The question are:

Who can explain me the form of conect the usb-ttl to the NAS? the conect form is for the jtag or 4 pins serial? (For pins serial dont work)

Thanks from Tenerife Island in Spain :thumbup:

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Mittwoch, 10. Juni 2009, 11:34

Hi and welcome!

Set the jumper on your adapter to 3.3V!

If your bootloader is ok you don't need JTAG.
You must connect the serial console at JP1. (Rx, Tx, GND). Have a look at the unbricking guide.

If your bootloader is not ok you need JTAG for restoring it and later you have to use the serial as described above.
Connect as shown here for cable type 4[/url] and/or our wiki.
Note: it will work with the FTDI232R chip only.

adapter - nas J2
(RTS#) - 5 (TDI)
(TxD) - 7 (TMS)
(RxD) - 9 (TCK)
(CTS#) - 13 (TDO)
(GND) - 4,6,8,...,20 (GND)

Greetings from :flat:
HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Mittwoch, 10. Juni 2009, 12:26

Hi friend, first thanks from your quick reply,

the jumper are in the 3.3v position, i read the unbricking guide over 100 times 8|

For recover the bootloader i need BUY a jtag? Can i restore this with the USB-ttl?

If i need buy a jtag (or built this), i have another question, i have a Jtag:

This jtag works with a batery of 3.3v. This item is for upgrading o update dvbs receipts. Can I use this for restore the bootloader?

Another question, my usb-ttl is only for access to console by the JP1 PIN of the NAS?

Thanks from spain :worthy:

Hi and welcome!

Set the jumper on your adapter to 3.3V!

If your bootloader is ok you don't need JTAG.
You must connect the serial console at JP1. (Rx, Tx, GND). Have a look at the unbricking guide.

If your bootloader is not ok you need JTAG for restoring it and later you have to use the serial as described above.
Connect as shown here for cable type 4[/url] and/or our wiki.
Note: it will work with the FTDI232R chip only.

adapter - nas J2
(RTS#) - 5 (TDI)
(TxD) - 7 (TMS)
(RxD) - 9 (TCK)
(CTS#) - 13 (TDO)
(GND) - 4,6,8,...,20 (GND)

Greetings from :flat:
HWguru

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 11. Juni 2009, 02:22

Hi!

Zitat

i read the unbricking guide over 100 times 8|
you have not told us :rolleyes:

Zitat

For recover the bootloader i need BUY a jtag? Can i restore this with the USB-ttl?
If it is with FT232R chip it works for JTAG and serial console.

Zitat

Can I use this for restore the bootloader?
if the pinout matches you can use it - try the "loop back" and led test

Zitat

my usb-ttl is only for access to console by the JP1 PIN of the NAS?
no, as I said before - if it is FT232R based...

You can test your serial adapter if you connect Rx with Tx (=loop back). Type any character with a terminal program - you should get an echo.

I think your bootloader should be intact if you can ping the nas. Have you tried to exchange Rx and Tx?

Kind regards
HWguru
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Sonntag, 14. Juni 2009, 15:34

Hi,

The usb is FTDI based. ¿Can i use this how a JTAG and TTL?

I probe the look back with a putty software and work perfect, but i can receipt anithing from NAS.

My nas is 35HD-dual-nas-e, and the serial onector is JP1, and JTAG is J2. A probe two options (conect to jp1 and j2 ) with my usb device but dont respont.I need loopback betwen pin 1 and 17? I change the positions of txd and rxd and nathing :(

The config to hyperterminal are:
Baud: 19200
data bit: 8
stop bit 1
parity: none
flowcontrol: XON/OFF

Any idea?

Thanks

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Sonntag, 14. Juni 2009, 23:55

Zitat

The usb is FTDI based. ¿Can i use this how a JTAG and TTL?

I probe the look back with a putty software and work perfect, but i can receipt anithing from NAS.

FTDI has different chips :rolleyes: Only FT232R is supported by the JTAG tool.

Zitat

My nas is 35HD-dual-nas-e, and the serial onector is JP1, and JTAG is J2. A probe two options (conect to jp1 and j2 ) with my usb device but dont respont.I need loopback betwen pin 1 and 17? I change the positions of txd and rxd and nathing :(
You mix two things - serial conole and JTAG.
If you don't get response from the serial, probably the bootloader is destroyed. It can be restored (programmed to the flash) again using JTAG.

These two different interfaces are not used at the same time.

First you try the serial and if that does not work any more you have to program the bootloader using JTAG.

Everything is described by the unbricking guide and our wiki.

HWguru.

Montag, 15. Juni 2009, 10:51

Ok, i undertand you.

Can you send me a link to BUY a JTAG (exactly model) to reprogram the nas?

Thanks

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Montag, 15. Juni 2009, 10:59

Hi,
no - you find the links within the guides :rolleyes: .

What kind of chip is on the adapter you have?

You could chose between unbuffered self made / LPT wiggler like / USB

HWguru

Montag, 15. Juni 2009, 11:08

When i conect the usb device to my pc the system say "USB FT232R UART" (I remenber) and the drivers are from this page:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

But, the device not receipt anithing from the NAS from JP1 and J2.

But i think that the bootloader are ok, because my pc resolve ping (to the 192.168.0.200 NAS ip).

Can i use this JTAG:

http://cgi.ebay.de/JTAG-programmer-LPT-connected_W0QQitemZ120424719547QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c09df64bb&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1229|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »TENERIFEZ« (15. Juni 2009, 11:24)

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Montag, 15. Juni 2009, 12:02

Hi,
yes, you could use this adapter but I am afraid it would not solve your problem.

With JTAG you only can program the bootloader. If it is still working you have no need to flash it.

Did you forget to connect GND?
Some people reported Problems that the Hardware does not boot with the adapter connected. Try connecting Rx and Tx shortly after switching on the nas.
Have you destroyed the pins? Without the serial console there is no chance flashing the firmware.

Is your USB adapter recognized by the NAS_FlashTool? Does the JTAG loopback test (TDI <--> TDO) and Led Test work?
Look on the chip of your adapter - what type is it? If it is a FT232R it is perfect for everything.

HWguru

Montag, 15. Juni 2009, 12:45

Hi, first, thanks for your patience :worthy:

Ok, the GND wire i thinks are OK, and conected.

the NAS_FlashTool is only for LTP ports? or works with vituals COMs?

I test the loopback with the putty software and are OK.

I test the vcc power with 3.3v perfect, but i dont use this wire, are correct this?

As a last choice, I buy the JTAG described above from kuzito´s, and pray to god and ala :wacko:

Thanks friend

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Montag, 15. Juni 2009, 14:16

Hi,
if you don't read the guide I will loose my patience...

Zitat

the NAS_FlashTool is only for LTP ports? or works with vituals COMs?
Please read this guide about JTAG and NAS_FlashTool!

Zitat

I test the loopback with the putty software and are OK.
But for JTAG loopback test you have to use NAS_FlashTool

Zitat

I test the vcc power with 3.3v perfect, but i dont use this wire, are correct this?
That's ok.

Zitat

As a last choice, I buy the JTAG described above from kuzito´s, and pray to god and ala :wacko:
First test your adapter. Don't waste money and time.

HWguru

Montag, 15. Juni 2009, 21:21

First, sorry by all, but i dont understand english much, and german nothing :(

Second, good news, i probe for 100000 times the nas_flashtool 2.0.2.765, and i realized that without power swich on the nas, the soft detect the serial:

BUT when conect the power supply on the nas, and probe the "Jtag Test" now, the soft says:

And the program close, but we progress :thumbsup:

Any idea?

Thanks very much

Montag, 15. Juni 2009, 23:56

Finally i can wirte the redboot, YEAAAAAAH!!!

But i saty in the idem situation, i can access to telnet.

-I need another cable to access via JP1?

-Can i write a redboot to access telnet (from eternet)?

Thanks

PD.: the problem resolve fixed the soldes, i am LOL

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009, 00:43

Hi,
does your nas work again?
On DUAL-NAS-E there is no way to access the bootloader with telnet, only serial console.

Have you tried google translation for the German posts?

Access to the serial must be OK with your adapter.

HWguru

Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009, 00:52

Hi dude,

I probe various retboots (3 diferents), to access from ethernet telnet, but dont work.

I think that i need a serial cable (nokia ca-42) for example to access a loader because i cant access with my fucker adapter 8|

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009, 01:08

Hi,
your adapter worked for JTAG so it must work as serial adapter, too.
I do not believe that any other adapter will help.

Have you tried to swap Rx / Tx?

HWguru

Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009, 01:10

Yes, i swap two positions, and dont respond anything :thumbdown:

Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009, 11:55

Hi master,

my problem can resolve with this? :

http://storlinkdevices.altervista.org/fo…t=sl3516+serial

Read Post 5 and 6 (add a resistence)?

What do you think?

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009, 13:41

Hi,
you can try a pull up or a pull down.
I really don't know what the problem is ;(

HWguru