Mittwoch, 22. November 2017, 19:29 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Montag, 11. Januar 2010, 14:26

Debian kernel upgrade on nas

Hello,
Thank you for great instruction for installing debian to NAS. http://www.nas-2000.org/mwiki/index.php?…on_-_hdd_booted
I installed Debian to my mrt nas without big issues.

Now I would like to run glusterfs on my nas. GlusterFS server runs perfectly, but client no. It failed because fuse kernel module does not loaded.

I just would like to ask you a few question on firmware. Is it possible to upgrade kernel in http://www.zis.tu-dresden.de/~felix.mell…05-prep.dump.gz firmware?
I need extra module fuse.ko? where I can found sources for it? is it possible to upgrade kernel via apt?

May be there is any how-to about upgrading kernel on nas?

Thank you in advance.

snoopy

NAS2000-Team

Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2010, 01:06

Hi dis_frost,

first of all: welcome to our community!

Well, I think its not that easy to add modules to kernel.

Gluster file sys is already in the kernel, because its some NFS extension. Unfortunately in the debian Pakage, you downloaded, only the server part is implemented. Thats principially enough, cause your NAS is a server (or better is supposed to act as that).

As I remember there´s another way to use the nas as client - try wget (its already in there) and use the local IP if used in LAN.

Greetz.
Snoopy

Ps. If you would like to add fuse to kernel anyway you´ll need to compile a new version of the kernel (with fuse activated). Seems to me a little complicated - but depends on your experiences. If you would try to do so, post that! ;) And we could try that - but its on your own risk :S
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Der Mensch ist das wichtigste und kostbarste Peripheriegerät einer Computeranlage.

myStuff: NAS2001+4220(1000Gb-ext3)+Dlink524+KabelD. (120 Mbit)

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2010, 10:30

Hi an welcome dis_frost!
May be there is any how-to about upgrading kernel on nas
not really.

This means you have to take the sources from MRT and compile it. But as I know they are not up to date.
The debian Wiki article has been written by kleiner_muc.
I tried to contact him but he has not been here at the forum for quite a long time.

HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!