Donnerstag, 23. November 2017, 04:47 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Greyhound2004

Anfänger

Sonntag, 28. November 2010, 11:24

JTAG and serial cable adaptor compatibility

Hi to HWguru and all.
i have seen this USB JTAG adaptor listed on e-bay not sure if it will work with the flash tool. It is listed as JTAG FPGA CPLD.
Not sure if its ok to post the link - moderator please remove if not allowed, with my appologies.

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Sonntag, 28. November 2010, 13:48

Hi,
link is ok, although ebay links tend to become obsolete.

USB JTAG adapters are only compatible if they are built with a FTDI FT232R chip.

So I am rather sure that this adapter will not work.

Regards,
HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Greyhound2004

Anfänger

Sonntag, 28. November 2010, 15:09

Would it be better to get an LPT based device ? Am I right in thinking that this would not be so critical providing all the signals are brought out ?
Read post about simplified circuit so could build one if all else fails, but eyesight not as good as it used to be. Good info on another post about how your software checks for cable type.

Regards.

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Sonntag, 28. November 2010, 15:56

Most flexible one is the FTDI USB as you can use it for serial connection, too.
But the simple LPT version does the JTAG job as well.
So it is more a personal chioce.
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Greyhound2004

Anfänger

Montag, 29. November 2010, 10:27

Nokia DKU-5

I got a Nokia DKU-5 cable it uses a prolific 2303HXA chip and I have identified the wire colours by tracing them back from the chip.
There is also another chip on the small pcb with no markings on it (14 pin DIL package)(could it be a level shifter?)
I have loaded the driver software and it shows on the system as COM3 serial device.
I linked TXD to RX on the cable and tried putty but nothing is shown on the sceen when I type.

Had a thought - Are these cables powered from the USB port on the computer or from the cellphone ?
If from the cellphone I need to put 3v3 on VCC.

Am I right in thinking that Unbricking is a 2 part process.
1. Restore the Bootloader using JTAG and Flashtool
2. Restore an Image using serial connection & FTP

Regards.

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 2010, 09:51

RE: Nokia DKU-5

Zitat

There is also another chip on the small pcb with no markings on it (14 pin DIL package)(could it be a level shifter?)
... then it's supposed being a china clone.
I found some document describing the cable

Zitat

I linked TXD to RX on the cable and tried putty but nothing is shown on the sceen when I type.
hmm - this is the first test one should do and normally this works.

Zitat

Had a thought - Are these cables powered from the USB port on the computer or from the cellphone ?
If from the cellphone I need to put 3v3 on VCC.
maybe. You could measure if there is voltage coming from the cable's VCC pin.

Zitat

Am I right in thinking that Unbricking is a 2 part process.
1. Restore the Bootloader using JTAG and Flashtool
2. Restore an Image using serial connection & FTP
yes
The bootloader for the 3316 CPU as used by NAS1000, NAS2000, NAS200, some MRT and other devices can be reached using telnet, too. You could use the Icybox_FlashStart tool. So you don't require the serial cable. You find some help at our wiki.

HWguru

P.S. edited the thread topic

Greyhound2004

Anfänger

Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 2010, 21:08

Nokia DKU-5

Yes DKU-5 is chinese clone - very cheap £1.50 UKP.
Thanks for info on the cable - the cable is indeed powered from the remote (phone) end so it needs (in my case the green wire) connecting to VCC 3.3v.
I connected TXD to RXD through a 100R resistor and connected the green wire to VCC and black to GND on the serial connector J2.

I can now see what I type in Putty so that is good. How can I check the TXD RXD on the dual nas or is it now worth trying tftp ?

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 2010, 08:17

tftp is needed in any case.

You control the bootloader (if it is not overwritten) with serial or telnet connection.
Then the bootloader transfers the image using tftp.

Pinout for the serial is documented but you could try with Rx line of your cable first.

If the bootloader is not there any more you need JTAG and our flashtool for reprogramming it.

HWguru

Greyhound2004

Anfänger

Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 2010, 08:38

Re: JTAG & Unbricking

Pretty sure bootloader is wiped out - unit powers down immeadiately when power switch operated. I think the guide says that this is a sure sign that the O/S is not loaded. I'm in the process of building the simplified JTAG programmer. Is there a way to test it before trying it on the NAS.

Thanks for all your good work.

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 2. Dezember 2010, 08:51

"O/S not loaded" does not mean that the bootloader is dead.
While being in the bootloader the unit switches off immediately.

As you have a serial cable you can give it a try.

JTAG adapter test --> Wiki

Greyhound2004

Anfänger

Freitag, 3. Dezember 2010, 13:11

Hi HWguru,

I would like to try the serial cable. Is there an "escape" sequence to start a serial session with the nas box?
Here is what i'm doing :-
1. power up nas box
2. connect serial cable
3. power up computer
4. start putty COM4 (verified from windows control panel com ports) 19200 8-N-1

How do I get to the bootloader?

BTW I am monitoring wether nas is powered up/down with DVM accross Pins 1 (+ve) and 4 (-ve) on JTAG as there is no easy way of knowing if nas powered up on not.

I built JTAG interface and installed port95nt library but I get an error saying port software not loaded ?

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Freitag, 3. Dezember 2010, 14:24

Hi,
most important thing is having a GND connection between PC and NAS first.
PC may stay powered on. Notebooks without earth connection are dangerous as they they to float around.

1. unplug NAS from mains
2. connect NAS to PC - best if GND first
3. connect NAS mains
4. start terminal program (putty, ...)
5. turn on your NAS - you should see the messages of the bootloader.

HWguru

Greyhound2004

Anfänger

Freitag, 3. Dezember 2010, 15:29

So the bootloader is part of the automatic start up sequence and those options are there all the time its just we dont see them when we connect using the Network interface?

On the serial cable i measured the voltages with respect to GND TX (white) 3.2v RX (blue) about 0.8v re-checked cable with 100R resistor between TXD + RXD on both Hyper terminal & putty and typed texed appears on screen.

When connected to serial port on Nas - nothing Does this indicate bootloader wiped?

Any ideas with the port95nt thing - will try to record precise message.

Is it possible to buy a known tested working JTAG lead from NAS2000 org ? or is that only an option for those in italy?
If available please advise price etc.

Regards,

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Freitag, 3. Dezember 2010, 16:19

The bootloader is similar to the bios of a PC.

port95nt - maybe a firewall problem

I don't have JTAG adapters for resale. If I remember there is mentioned an adapter that fits 1:1

HWguru

Greyhound2004

Anfänger

Freitag, 3. Dezember 2010, 18:16

UPDATE

UR spot on Firewall/AV problem, I did a clean Install of XP, loaded the LPT port driver and it worked fine.
Connected the simplified JTAG that I made and the Software flash tool recognised it as a type 1 cable. Wrote the dual Nas REDBOOT it counted up to 128.0 /128.0 completed. So can I assume this is now ok.

I tried putty on the serial port but still no bootloader display, cant figure this out. Is it worth swapping the TxD & RxD in case I got them the wrong way round?

Any other suggestions?

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Freitag, 3. Dezember 2010, 18:36

Hi, perfect!

Yes, try swapping Rx and Tx.

If flashtool reports "OK" then it is sure that redboot is restored correctly because the data is verified during programming.

Greyhound2004

Anfänger

Freitag, 3. Dezember 2010, 19:18

Swapped Txd & Rxd using Putty do not get the bootloader option menu but get this :-

Link Up (0000)
Storlink EMAC address = 7ab4f5001bb2
Ethernet eth0: MAC address 7a:b4:f5:00:1b:b2ÿûIP: 192.168.2.71, Default server: 0.0.0.0

RedBoot(tm) bootstrap and debug environment [ROMRAM]
Storlink release, version S000.9018 - built 17:22:11, Jul 15 2005

Platform: Storlink Sword (ARM9)
Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002, Red Hat, Inc.

Use Internal PCI Clock
Processor: SL3316a3
IDE0 Enable
AHB Bus Clock:116MHz Ratio:3/2
RAM: 0x00000000-0x04000000, 0x00049250-0x03fef000 available
FLASH: 0x70000000 - 0x70800000, 135 blocks of 0x00010000 bytes each.
==> enter ^C to abort booting within 3 seconds ......
¡Start Copy 1506568 bytes from 0x70020000 to 0x1600000
íõú_ÿñïëþýùýþÿ¿µíý}þÿûïçý;þÿëêÿýï~¯þÿ»íïýëýý_}ÿÿ~­_{ÿïýÿùþû~/þÿü~ÿç{ùÿÿÿ~oÿýûûzÿþ_{ëÿé¯ý÷ê½ýöíûýÿ¿õûþÿÿÿëýÿßû­ÿÿþïÿoÿýßÿýÿ«û¿¿ÿþë_þ{ÿû}oÿÿù?}ú÷ûÿý~ÿêú×íïÿïÿï_ÿýëÿ~÷ýÿÿ}÷óýÿõþåûßçÿ_ÿõý÷þ½ÿïýþùÿÿýÿ½ûÿ~êý÷ïýjýÿÿÿÿû}þ{þú{ïíÿ¿þýúûÿííÿÿý÷ÿÿ¿ýúïï?þýúý­ý_ëûÿ{~ÿ}ÿWîçýûû½ïõ/ÿëÿõûíúýÿ§ÿè½ïÿëÿùÿÿëÿééµÿí÷åúÿÿëëÿýÿ_ÿÿÿÿïýþý¿ÿ¿½ÿû÷÷êèÿ¿ý½ÿëÿëúÿÿþýÿûÿùÿÿÿûþú¿ÿßþ?ÿûÿèúÿÿûÿµÿoï¿}¿ÿûÿþÿ¡ÿÿûïÿÿëýÿÿë~ë­ïÿÿúûÿï_ÿ¿Þ¹ÿÿýï×þ½¯þþÿëïÿ·¿üþïßï»ÿïîÿ½íýí÷þýÿÿ×}ûÿ÷ïûý~ëÿ½þ÷ûÿÿýïíûõ¿?½ýýÿk+ïÿßÝÿ¯û÷ûëûßåúÿýÿ{ÿ³í÷ÿç­ïÿýnÿù÷ýûïïïõ÷ìÿÿûîýÿ¯ýþõ¯ÿëûÿýÿÿkïÿõÿÿýÿûúíÿëëýküîþëûÿ­ÿýÿåzüoí{ï+îûýÿýÿûûïþþjïÿûÿåûµûëýÿûµþþ}úÿïÿþÿÿÿþéÿþû¿oýý½û·îùõÿïÿû_éüíÿùûÿ}ÿ·ÿ÷}»þû}ýÿïûûíûÿzýû~ûékÿÿýÿßÿÿÿÿý¿k¿ÿÿíÿû_ÿÿûûý}~ýµ­þÿþêîýµ{þÿú{¿ûïéÿ?ÿÿïÿ½û{ÿýþýÿÿïStart Copy 1953628 bytes from 0x701a0000 to 0x800000
ïïÿ+ÿÿþÿþõýÿÿû½ýo¯åëûÿ~ûÿî½ý¯{½úï÷½ÿÿïëêû­ûùþÿýÿûëÿÿÿúý¿í?»ûÿÿÿõýûÿ÷í¿ÿïÿ?þýþÿû½óÿü/þÿùÿûÿÿûÿÿþÿýýïýÿÿí»½õÿýoûïíÿ½­þÿùÿ~ÿÿÿÿoþÿk¿¯¿¯­þûÿîÿ½ÿoÿõþý{õ§~ÿ¿¯ÿùúïÿþþþûýþûûþûöýÿÿéÿÿýýjþýÿÿëßÿíú÷ÿïk?ÿþÿ÷õëþw~þûø{ÿý¿ýëïý¿}ý½ø­ÿõÿëþéÿéçï÷ÿÿ?þ{½ûíïÿ~ÿúýïýõ¿½{üõÿ{ý_ûß{ÿï¿ê?ëûÿï}û¹ûþúýöÿÿ§ÿ¿ÿý­ý__ÿúî¿ÿùÿßøÿûûÿíïþÿÿûçûýÿý¿ÿ©µüúÿÿûÿÿÿÿÿûÞÿÿùÿ÷çÿÿÿýùÿúïÿûþÿÿÿûÿoÿÿÿÿ~ÿþüúý½ï÷ëåëï½ûÿÿýéßèÿï}ûýÿµÿúïõ¿¿ÿµþ¹éþïÿ}ÿë¿÷ïõï~ÿïnþÿ_ÿ¿ýèÿõÿí¿ý¿ßÿ}«ÿÿÿýzúÿû«ï·ÿÿÿ}ùüíÿÿþÿ¿oÿÿÿúÿÿþûþÿûïýþÿþ¿µÿþý¿ÿþÿý~íÿÿïïüùéý}ÿ¿ÿúöëÿïí¿åûíýïõÿûïÿÿïÿ·ïÿÿÿÿÿ~ÿüÿýîý¯ïÿçÿúÿô÷üý÷üê»ÿ½ÿýÿ¥ÿ¯nÿþýoëý­ïùþÿÿÿ½ûÿëÿþ»ùï}úþûÿþý»ÿýÿÿ¿ÿþ¥þþ{¿ÿï?½ÿýéÿûûÿÿÿ{úÿýûkúÿþûzoÿïýÿÿûÿþÿÿ_÷ì?¿þ¯ûÿý}ïÿ·ß{íÿéü~ûÿïëë/íÿ~ÿöý½ûÿýûïÿÿÿýûþ¿·ûý÷ÿïzùÿ½¿ýýûûíþõÿí/ú?ý·¿¿ýéïý½éíkýÿê­ÿ¿ûÿúÿû¿ùýíïÿÿúúÿýëýéýíúÿø­ÿüo¿ÿïßûÿ¿ýúÿÿÿßûï·þùýþÿÿê{/{~ýýßýþýÿííÿíûÿç{þýþúûÿù½ÿ~ûÿëïïïûíþ¿çþþ«¿ÿíÿõÿïûþÿ½ÿýúÿÿÿÿíÿýåÿ+ÿÿÿÿÿø­zßÿýÿýÿ½¿ï¿ÿþß÷¹ÿzç½nýýëÿßÿ?õûoíîýþýüÿöïûÿ¯ýïÿêÿþçíÿû¿¿ëµÿþÿýë½jþï_ýûþýëÿýý}ûúÿ_þûéõÿ{~ûÿþúý÷ÿíêèÿGo
Uncompressing Linux...

ran out of input data

-- System halted

Regards.

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Samstag, 4. Dezember 2010, 01:52

Oh, you see the bootloader.

Watch for this:

Zitat

==> enter ^C to abort booting within 3 seconds ......

enter ^C and then you continue the unbricking procedure

HWguru

Greyhound2004

Anfänger

Samstag, 4. Dezember 2010, 09:51

Appologies for being an idiot !! 3 seconds is quite fast and you have to catch it just right.
In the unbricking guide is the TFTP server address the same one as used by telnet 192.168.2.71 port 9000 ?

And you need to have putty running for access to the bootloader menu and tftp32 running in the background ?

regards,

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Samstag, 4. Dezember 2010, 10:51

With putty you control the bootloader.

tftpd is running on any computer and provides the files to be downloaded to the bootloader. This computer's IP must be specified.
Normally it is the same PC which is running putty. Note that they have to be in the same subnet like 192.168.2.xx

HWguru