Montag, 17. Dezember 2018, 15:39 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Donnerstag, 31. Mai 2018, 01:57

Is the Edimax NS-2502 a reincarnation of the myDitto?

Fry's electronics has great deals, if you are willing to spend the time to get the thing to work. Many a fledgling company has sold its wares through Fry's ... some made it big time like ASUS, Trendnet, D-Link. Dane-Elec with its myDitto NAS did not. This was 10 years ago. Just a few days ago I was checking my ASUS RT-AC66U router and there was this device, "Edimax Technology Co Ltd". WTF? It turned out to be myDitto NAS. How did it get a new name? The router uses the MAC address to search for the company that owns the block of MAC address and found Edimax. So I went to the Edimax website and found "Gigabit Fast Ethernet 2-Bay SATA NAS Server NS-2502" This looks exactly like myDitto (see photos) The markings on the mother board are "1246-00000077-01Z E3 94 v-0 FslashDcolon2 1010 e162061"

The firmware is not very good. I was wondering if any of you have any experience with myDitto. Fry's sold a bunch of them; if they could be restored or re-purposed, they wouldn't have to go to the electronic landfill.

I'm almost open to experimenting with mine, but I really don't want yet another brick.
»OldSurferDude« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:

AQUAR

Schüler

Freitag, 1. Juni 2018, 15:36

This hardware was picked up by various vendors that installed their own firmware.
Edimax, Planex & Mvix spring to mind.

I have several MBox NAS units (Mvix!) that are still being used for backing up data and have been very reliable for this duty (but slow data transfer by todays standards!).
A couple have been reflashed with OPENWRT firmware (just look through this forum for more info).