Tuesday, December 18th 2018, 2:52pm UTC+1

Giriş yapmadınız.

• Giriş
  • Kayıt

Sayın ziyaretçi, NAS Forum sitesine hoş geldiniz. Eğer buraya ilk ziyaretiniz ise lütfen Yardım bölümünü okuyunuz. Yardım bölümü bu sitenin nasıl çalıştığını açıklamaktadır. Site özelliklerinin tümünü kullanabilmeniz için öncelikle kayıt yaptırmanız gerekmektedir. Kayıt yaptırmak için kayıt formunu okuyabilir ya da kayıt işlemi hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinebilirsiniz. Eğer önceden kayıt yaptırdıysanız, buraya tıklayarak giriş yapabilirsiniz.

Thursday, May 31st 2018, 1:57am

Is the Edimax NS-2502 a reincarnation of the myDitto?

Fry's electronics has great deals, if you are willing to spend the time to get the thing to work. Many a fledgling company has sold its wares through Fry's ... some made it big time like ASUS, Trendnet, D-Link. Dane-Elec with its myDitto NAS did not. This was 10 years ago. Just a few days ago I was checking my ASUS RT-AC66U router and there was this device, "Edimax Technology Co Ltd". WTF? It turned out to be myDitto NAS. How did it get a new name? The router uses the MAC address to search for the company that owns the block of MAC address and found Edimax. So I went to the Edimax website and found "Gigabit Fast Ethernet 2-Bay SATA NAS Server NS-2502" This looks exactly like myDitto (see photos) The markings on the mother board are "1246-00000077-01Z E3 94 v-0 FslashDcolon2 1010 e162061"

The firmware is not very good. I was wondering if any of you have any experience with myDitto. Fry's sold a bunch of them; if they could be restored or re-purposed, they wouldn't have to go to the electronic landfill.

I'm almost open to experimenting with mine, but I really don't want yet another brick.
OldSurferDude belirtilen dosyaları ekledi:

AQUAR

Stajyer

Mesajlar: 101

Konum: Australia

Friday, June 1st 2018, 3:36pm

This hardware was picked up by various vendors that installed their own firmware.
Edimax, Planex & Mvix spring to mind.

I have several MBox NAS units (Mvix!) that are still being used for backing up data and have been very reliable for this duty (but slow data transfer by todays standards!).
A couple have been reflashed with OPENWRT firmware (just look through this forum for more info).