Freitag, 15. Dezember 2017, 15:02 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Montag, 14. April 2008, 08:11

GigaNAS SL3516

After playing around with the hardware, I found that there are no links or resistors needed on my GigaNAS to get into deug mode. The chipset used is not the 3316 but the 3516 and so non of the JTAG bootloader options will work that are listed. I did try for a long time. However the Wiggler does connect and give the information that the GigaNAS is in debug mode.

I have tried to hunt down the Data sheet for the chipset with no luck so far. If anyone has it please let us know?

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Montag, 14. April 2008, 08:21

RE: GigaNAS SL3516

Hi,
the fact that no link is needed is not true.
For the check if the CPU is in debug mode only one bit is read from a register and if it is occasionally true the check reports "Debug mode OK" although the CPU is still running.
The CPU registers are memory mapped and the map of SL3516 differs from SL3316.
So we read something else but the debug status.

Debug mode means that the CPU is halted like hitting a breakpoint. It is required because CPU registers are used for Flash access and they would be changed if CPU is still executing code.

If we correct FlashTool I am sure that the 1-17 link will be needed!

Update 2008-05-26 by HWguru:
now an updated FlashTool version with SL3516 support is available for download here. It should be capable of flashing SL3516 based hardware like the NAS4220 and Giganas

HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!