Samstag, 18. November 2017, 20:16 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Freitag, 12. September 2008, 18:42

how do i unbrick my verbatim soho nas

ok, the story so far......i'm in need of a mediaserver so i can make use of my PS3 other than just playing games.

spent a few nights surfing and found a few threads regarding twonkymedia and tinky-ls. i was totally lost with trying to install twonky(yeah, yeah, easy you will say) but i was lost.

found out that i could upgrade the firmware easily enugh using the smartdisk firmware page. all went ok, new black gui, pretty smart. but still i didnt know how to install twonky. there were lots of commands that didnt do anything in my cmd box(windows xp)

so i spent a few more hours surfing and found a german firmware that looked like(well the translation was sort of in english) it had twonky already built into it. so i gave it a go and managed to brick the thing. :(

spent the night trying to use telnet so i could follow the steps found on http://mrt.nas-central.org/index.php/The…nbricking_guide

managed to get the files onto the nas (more by luck than judgment) but i get no gui when i boot it up. the network finds it as sohonas but no gui

any help with the unbricking will be apreciated, but just remember, i don't do linux, just dos, lol

Kev

Freitag, 12. September 2008, 18:54

hello again

one problem, downloaded the http://www.nas-2000.org/download/tinky-2_3_2_mu_02/

but when i try to unzip it so i can use the ramdisk and application files, i get an error.

am i doing something wrong?

Kev

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Freitag, 12. September 2008, 19:37

Well, I try to help you.

If you have managed to access the bootloader with telnet you are on the right way.
Never use the option x (upgrade boot) as this requires a complete image of the flash and overwrites the bootloader, too.

The complete firmware consists of the Bootloader, Kernel, Ramdisk, Application as described at our Wiki

You should disconnect the disk and try to access the web gui. This is is possible without any disk. User settings are stored on your disk.

If you still cannot access the gui you should replace Kernel, Ramdisk and Application for being sure that the firmware is consistent.

Could you provide me the link to the German document which lead you to the disaster.
For all the unbricking and Twonky stuff you don't need much linux know how.

Kind regards,
HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Freitag, 12. September 2008, 20:11

http://www.raidsonic.de/de/pages/service/beta_confirm.php

no panik now, it's a real brick now

no bootloader :(

you guessed it, i did the option X..............

Kev

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Freitag, 12. September 2008, 20:27

Oh,
you're a bit too fast.

For MRT and Raidsonic NASs we know how to unbrick it.
But we don't know if your hardware needs any modification for JTAG access.

If JTAG is working it is possible to restore the bootloader (although you need the bootloader binary).
A guide can be found at the HowTo's section of our Wiki.

HWguru
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Samstag, 13. September 2008, 11:28

morning all

attached a couple of pics of the circuit board.

Kev
»kevcole« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Samstag, 13. September 2008, 12:11

Ah, interesting!

I see the SL3316 CPU, on the right side the flash chip and I assume the 20pin JTAG connector (not equipped).
Tell me the manufacturer and type of the flash please.

Are you going to try to program the bootloader with JTAG?

HWguru

Samstag, 13. September 2008, 16:58

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JTAG-Programmer-JT…1713.m153.l1262

this looks like the tool?

will need to get a plug for the board, will i need to solder it on or will it work just pushed into place?

will take more pictures of the chips when i get home

Kev

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Samstag, 13. September 2008, 17:20

Yes, that adapter has been used by a user successfully.
You don't need to solder, if you find wires or pins that fit into the holes tightly.
Only 7 Pins GND, VCC, TCK, TMS, TDI, TDO, DBGRQ are required.

I'm only interested in the type of the flash because it is checked by the NAS_Flash_Tool and we have to add it if it is a new one after I have checked the datasheet if it is compatible.

HWguru

Samstag, 13. September 2008, 19:33

more pictures

[attach]138[/attach] [attach]139[/attach] [attach]140[/attach] [attach]141[/attach]

K4H561638F=DDR SDRAM - CY7C683008=USB 2.0 to ATA Bridge - S29GL064M-R4=FLASH - SL3316=CPU

enjoy

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Sonntag, 14. September 2008, 12:19

Hi Kev!

Really great pictures. I added a short description for the chips to your post.

This type of flash has already been programmed in the past. It should work with the actual version of Flash_Tool.

HWguru

Sonntag, 14. September 2008, 22:43

Hi

JTAG20 ordered, will let you all know when the parts arrive and i'm ready to kill it even more :D

Kev

Samstag, 20. September 2008, 13:37

hello all

jtag20 arived this morning, i'm just lokking thru the garage now for some suitable wire to use for the pins

Kev

Samstag, 20. September 2008, 14:21

ok

found some pins, inserted into socket, just want to make sure there in the right places?

cheers

Kev[attach]145[/attach]

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Samstag, 20. September 2008, 15:35

Hi - yes, looks good.

Don't forget to short 1 or 2 with Pin 17 on the adapter. (You could do it directly on the NAS, too)

If it does not work, we should meet in the Forum's Chat room.

HWguru

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2008, 12:07

Hi all

after many a late night head scratching, and with lots of help for HWguru :worthy: we have finally managed to unbrick my smartdisk/verbatim sohonas :beer:

to enable the jtag on the nas you need to solder across R28 and the jtag will connect and allow the bootloader to be flashed.

then you can revert back to telnet and use the firmware.save flash kindly available on http://thomas.schiex.free.fr/Files/

so less of this :comp01:

and more of :smoke:

you can also change to the tinky-mu firmware via the web-gui update and the file http://thomas.schiex.free.fr/Sohonas/SohonasTinky-130608/ again kindly supplied by Thomas Schiex

all i have to do now is try and work out how to install twonkymedia :?: which started the whole bricking excercise out(any help on that please don't by shy :D )

cheers

Kev

Montag, 17. November 2008, 17:57

HI

I want to unbrick my sohonas too, but i'm not sure. Is it R28 or R38 (just next to jtag connector) ?

Cheers

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Montag, 17. November 2008, 19:03

Hi,
there is a step by step description here and a wiki entry. :rtfm:
Regards HWguru

Donnerstag, 27. November 2008, 19:19

HI

Well, flash is OK but it's always impossible to catch the bootloader. My PC recognize a connection at 100Mb/s during 3-4 secondes, a break during 2 secondes, and a connection at 100Mb/s bur no IP adress.

No problem in USB but noway by ethernet.

Any Ideas ???

Cheers

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 27. November 2008, 21:10

Some hints...
Unbricking guide says

Zitat

- connect with your PC to the NAS network using an hub/switch (avoid direct cross-over connection)
- it will not work without a switch or hub
- PC and NAS must be in the same Subnet 192.168.2.x!

- default IP should be 192.168.2.71 (try IcyBox_Flashstart/)
- there is a French wiki here

HWguru