Sunday, November 19th 2017, 8:44pm UTC+1

Giriş yapmadınız.

• Giriş
  • Kayıt

Sayın ziyaretçi, NAS Forum sitesine hoş geldiniz. Eğer buraya ilk ziyaretiniz ise lütfen Yardım bölümünü okuyunuz. Yardım bölümü bu sitenin nasıl çalıştığını açıklamaktadır. Site özelliklerinin tümünü kullanabilmeniz için öncelikle kayıt yaptırmanız gerekmektedir. Kayıt yaptırmak için kayıt formunu okuyabilir ya da kayıt işlemi hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinebilirsiniz. Eğer önceden kayıt yaptırdıysanız, buraya tıklayarak giriş yapabilirsiniz.

Thursday, September 11th 2008, 6:28pm

stooopid question

hi all

this will sound like a pretty stupid question, but i have to start somewhere!!!

i have a verbatim sohonas device that i want to run as my mediaserver for my PS3. i have read that twonkymedia will work on this device once i have changed to tinky-ls firmware.

i have downloaded and installed the tinky-ls firmware using the firmware update page on the sohonas web page

i have found a suitable twonkymedia file from their website (raidsonic NAS1000/2000 version) but i'm at a loss how to get it installed on my NAS???

do i just run the file in the firmware update window??

hope someone can point me in the right direction

cheers

Kev

snoopy

NAS2000-Team

Mesajlar: 467

Konum: Zu Hause

Friday, September 12th 2008, 10:29am

Hi and welcome to the NAS community Kev,

well it may be easy if you would have installed actual Raidsonic version. But there are 2 other ways at all

1.) So, as written in the "readme " under (1) by Flipstar if you had Twonky installed before upgrading then install Twonky in a regular way.

2.)Well I think theres an Installation guide on the Raidsonic Homepage in the Driver/Support section (where you downloaded the Twonky Package).

I think you need an IPKG Package - its compareable to the RS Packages for upnp Streaming (PS3). Theres no Twonky still available but you can use Mediatomb . The How To youll find in the WIKI .

Greetz. Snoopy :thumbup:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Der Mensch ist das wichtigste und kostbarste Peripheriegerät einer Computeranlage.

myStuff: NAS2001+4220(1000Gb-ext3)+Dlink524+KabelD. (120 Mbit)

Friday, September 12th 2008, 5:26pm

Hi snoopy

thanks for the kind words

but after transating a german pdf file i felt confident to use another firmware which would help, but alas i now have a brick!!!!!! :(

i'm just trying to install the files needed using telnet and tptpd (from the unbrick your nas wiki)

tried it once with the tinky-ls files but it's not right. the network recognises it but i have no gui, so i'm guessing i need another file installing somewhere????

the only thing from your message i can't sort out is the web gui for twonky, i never found it????

will keep all posted if i can recover it

cheers

Kev

snoopy

NAS2000-Team

Saturday, September 13th 2008, 1:30pm

Hi Kev,

as you saw, we devided the threat.

There is one misunderstanding I think about the WEB-gui. First of all you should have a Web gui coming along with the firmware (in your case it´s tinky).
You need to login (typically as admin) and in the left frame there´s a button called "network service" (or something like that) and you schould see the "Twonky Media" entry. Choose that and activate or deactivate the Twonky Server. As I know the server is not active after installation by default. So you have to start the service first.

Right and only after that you can access the TWONKY GUI from any client. If you´re using a PC its the IP of your NAS on port 9000 with the http protocol.

Hope that was useful.

Snoopy
Der Mensch ist das wichtigste und kostbarste Peripheriegerät einer Computeranlage.

Tuesday, October 7th 2008, 12:41pm

Hi

well i finally got my nas unbricked thanks to HWguru :worthy:

now i'm back to twonkymedia installation.

i have put the twonky.tgz file into public/applications/new software and rebooted.

but still i have nothing in my GUI to start twonky service.

i can connect via telnet, but the i am confused by the ipkg packages ?( . i use telnet, then to command prompt

but the text i type:

"echo "src tinky-ls http://www.arsenio.net/dualhddnas/ipkg" >> /etc/ipkg.conf
echo "#src tinky-ls-unstable http://www.arsenio.net/dualhddnas/ipkg-unstable" >> /etc/ipkg.conf "

is not recognised by the nas? am i doing something really stupid or missing something else?

cheers

Kev

PS. it running: tinky 2.3.2 mu 02.2-ls

Bu mesaj 1 defa düzenlendi; son düzenleyen "kevcole" (Oct 7th 2008, 1:58pm)

Tuesday, October 7th 2008, 1:29pm

hello again

downloaded and ran putty.exe for a SSH connection

connects to nas IP and asks for login:password, i enter either admin:admin or root:nas2000 but the reply is:

"incoming packet was garbled on decryption"

any ideas?

cheers

Kev

Tuesday, December 9th 2008, 3:24pm

hello again

it's been sometime since the last post, i have been waiting for some advice a good man called Thomas, but in his last email he told me his Smartdisc Sohonas has a hardware fault and could not be fixed. so now all my hopes of adding twonkymedia are gone.

so if anyone has skills with the firmware, and can understand how thomas managed to get it working on his smartdisc device :worthy:

cheers

Kev

Bu mesaj 1 defa düzenlendi; son düzenleyen "kevcole" (Dec 9th 2008, 4:54pm)

snoopy

NAS2000-Team

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 10:57pm

Hi Kev,

well lets resume.... you are running tinky... right?

And you´ll like to run some kind of upnp server ... right?

And it must be twonkymedia? Well this is the question, cause all I know theres no ipkg package availiable 4 tinky. (I think cause no one has ever done that cross compiling)

And here´s my suggestion: if you just want an appr. upnp media server just use the mediathomb, cause all I know its av. as an ipkg pack. and ist well described in our WIKI here: http://nas-2000.org/mwiki/index.php?title=Packages#mediatomb

Cheers. Snoopy

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 10:00pm

Hi Snoopy

your right, i just want a upnp media server, so mediatomb will do nicely if i can get it to work

i will see how far i can get without help :D

cheers

Kev

Friday, December 19th 2008, 10:11am

:comp03:

i give up!!!!!

i have managed to connect with telnet (more help from HWguru :worthy: )

but after spending a few hours trying to work out how to get mediatomb installed on my nas i have given up. :(

is there a walk through i can follow?

i found http://www.freelists.org/post/nas-2000/T…aller-for-Tinky to install twonkymedia, but the link is dead.

is there something similar for mediatomb??????

hope you can help

Kev ?(

snoopy

NAS2000-Team

Friday, December 19th 2008, 2:35pm

Hi Kev,

1.) Theres an Mediathomb ipkg avaliable. Look here for your device: http://mediatomb.cc/pages/devices

2.) Download the Package ...

Optware
MediaTomb packages for NSLU2 and other Optware targets are available here
If you are running Optware you can easily install MediaTomb using the following command:
ipkg install mediatomb
The current package provides an init script with some additional configuration. To enable automatic startup of the MediaTomb daemon edit /opt/etc/default/mediatomb and change the value of MT_ENABLE to true after that start the daemon by issuing the following command:
/opt/etc/init.d/S90mediatomb start
In this configuration MediaTomb will listen on port 50500, this behavior can be changed by editing /opt/etc/mediatomb.conf and restarting the server which can by done by:
/opt/etc/init.d/S90mediatomb restart
The config.xml and the database of the daemon configuration will be created in /opt/etc/mediatomb after the first launch.
If you encounter strange behavior or are not sure what is going on, have a look at the log output which will be located in /opt/var/log/mediatomb
There has been one more change in regard to the Optware package: the default settings make use of the database backup function, have a look at the storage settings in the documentation if you want to find out more about this.

One more hint: meanwhile you can add the file to

/system/overlay/savedata.conf and it will be saved / restored during reboot / boot-up. --

Hope that is useful.
:smoke:

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 11:31am

Mediatomb does not support xbox360 yet :(

And the twonkymedia-install is down :(

snoopy

NAS2000-Team

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 12:26pm

You wanna connect 2 a xBox 360? Pleaze check ... I think theres a possibility 2 connect via nfs. Mount the box. Its prob. the best way.

Well getting the twonky 2 soho nas I would like 2 help but Im afraid I have no exper. with that - and- Im not really helpful.

Greetz. Snoopy

Ps. Got the mediathomb running at least? Wihich package did you use 4?

Friday, January 2nd 2009, 4:57pm

Its not possible to mount the dual-nas directly from the xbox360. :(

Tuesday, January 6th 2009, 5:39pm

Hi Snoopy

thanks for the advice, looks like i dont have IPKG option. although i have installed twonky it is a modified version. HWguru sent me a few lines of script to get telnet to connect. so it is not very likely i will be able to run the packages as per a normal twonky installation.

many thanks

Kev