Samstag, 25. November 2017, 06:54 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Samstag, 27. September 2008, 04:14

NAS1000 not detecting by LAN

hello all good ppl here

i live in uk and i just had IB NAS1000 from my friend and that was working but i thought i should upgrade the firmware

but i dint read all the instruction and start upgrade from LAN cable thru my router after 20 mins browser stop responding and

now its not detecting by LAN Cable

please help

thanks in advace

snoopy

NAS2000-Team

Samstag, 27. September 2008, 10:23

Hi Mehul,

first of all: Welcome! You are owning a NAS1000? Well, I think you found your destination here :thumbsup: .

There are different solutions to your problem, cause its a pretty well known one. Thats the good news.

But there are different reasons for failing in upgrade - some are really serious. Thats the bad one.

Well, do not panic now! At the beginning theres 3 questions to your NAS (You might set the answers into your signature so the next time you will post a question theres no need to ask for. And you will, I am sure :rolleyes: )

1.) What was the Firmware you run befor the upgrade?
2.) Which Firmware did you take and where does it come from?
3.) How do you connect your NAS? Peer2peer with a Win-PC or a LinuxStation or a MAC or ist there a Router between?

Did you made a Backup of your stored data? No? Do so via USB Connection. It will work.

When you use a router: Look into the DHCP Entry an search for a assigned IP. Maybe this is your NAS.
If you´ll find it try this IP.

Greetz. Snoopy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Der Mensch ist das wichtigste und kostbarste Peripheriegerät einer Computeranlage.

myStuff: NAS2001+4220(1000Gb-ext3)+Dlink524+KabelD. (120 Mbit)

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Samstag, 27. September 2008, 10:41

Hi mehul_2510,
welcome to our community!

If you damaged your firmware there are some more hints...

Disconnect the disk and check if your NAS can be accessed as snoopy mentioned before.

A first point to start is the unbricking guide. It has been written for the MRT NAS family but the bootloader and the firmware upgrade procedure is the same. But you need the firmware for NAS1000. Look at our database.
At our Wiki you will find an article how to access the bootloader with network and how to build a serial cable. There is a category HowTo's
If you cannot connect to the bootloader with network, you should try with a serial cable.

If both does not work you will need to reflash the bootloader with JTAG. Look here :rtfm: .

Good luck,
HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Samstag, 27. September 2008, 16:49

thanks a lot

hi all

good news all sorted in good time

thanks to u all nas forum

i did firmware update from serial cable and its fully working now

thanks a lot again but i have another question if u can help me?

how to set up my netgear router and what to type in address bar when trying over internet? any guide i can follow

thanks

:)

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Samstag, 27. September 2008, 17:44

Hey - good news! :happy:

solved - closed :closed:
Please: new question - new thread X( and please tell us what you want do do from internet...
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!