Donnerstag, 23. November 2017, 12:22 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Samstag, 22. November 2008, 15:06

Is it worth getting: ib-nas-2001 old 4220 user.

Hi, just after a bit of general advice. I own an Icybox 4220 and had Samsung drives, so I've been suffering the problems that brings about. I've got a chance to RMA the 4220 but before I do, I just wanted to know if the 2001 suffers similar problems, is it worth getting? Does the alternative firmware work on this drive as well as the 2000?

Many thanks.

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Samstag, 22. November 2008, 19:00

Hi method!

We only hear little of the 2001. Either it is doing it's job well or there are not sold so many.
I can only give some hints.

- NAS2001 is an IDE NAS which comes with a IDE/SATA adapter.
- it has about half the performance of the 4220
- the fan has some temperature control but starts very soon and it is loud --> needs modification
- firmware is a bit different from NAS1000/2000 and therefore Tinky will not run on it I suppose

You could also look at the MRT family e.g. DUAL NAS-E/Giganas. There is a community, too.
Or you take any IDE NAS with an IDE/SATA adapter.

Regards,
HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Samstag, 22. November 2008, 22:19

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Is there room in the 2000 for an ide/sata adapter? If I used that would it work with the normal firmware or would I have to use Tinky?
If there isn't alternative firmware for the 2001 then I think I'll cross that one off the list!

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 25. November 2008, 01:49

Hi,
there should be enough space for an adapter.
There is a German post dealing with a SATA adapter - look here

It should work with the original and Tinky Firmware as the SATA disk looks like an ATA disk then...

HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!