Donnerstag, 23. November 2017, 15:39 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2008, 01:40

folder permissions

ok, the problem i have is this. i got my nas un bricked with lots of help from hwguru, and swapped the firmware to tinky with help from thomas's files. working perfectly so far, even the printer works!

but now folders i created and filled with my files appear to have been 'taken over' by another owner.

it happened when i got hold of an old iBook from my friend to swap out a broken lcd for him. i accessed some of the files whilst i was playing around with it. i know nothing about mac systems and all i did was play the odd mp3 etc from the nas folder.

i recently got hold of the ibook again and it seems i can move files around with it but not on any other of my pc's. so it seems this ibook has took ownership of a number of folders on my nas rendering them next to useless.

any ideas as to how i can regain ownership of these folders?

many thanks

Kev

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2008, 08:53

Hi Kev,
you should try to login to the console with the user root (putty, telnet, winscp, ...).
From there you could look at the file's and/or folder's permissions with "ls -al".

If they got hijacked by some user you don't like, you may change the owner with "chown" and the permissions with "chmod".

Regards,
HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2008, 15:45

Hello HWguru :thumbup:

i have putty, but when i try to connect via telnet i get nothing. don't forget the ssh server is not working with this version of tinky from thomas.

any ideas on which web sites will help me learn a few of the commands once (if??) i can log on?

thanks again mate

Kev

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2008, 20:53

Hi Kev,
maybe we can enable telnet on your nas using tinky_hook.

- create a file tinky_hook at public/tinky
- copy telnetd from our database there
- put the lines in tinky_hook and restart the nas

Quellcode

rm -f /usr/sbin/telnetd
cp /mnt/IDE1/public/telnetd /usr/sbin
chmod 755 /usr/sbin/telnetd
(sleep 80; mv /etc/inetd.conf /etc/inetd.conf.bak;\
 sed 's/#telnet/telnet/' /etc/inetd.conf.bak > /etc/inetd.conf;\
 killall inetd; inetd)&						# edit and restart later

hopefully telnet is working then

HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!