Samstag, 18. November 2017, 20:31 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Montag, 26. Januar 2009, 12:43

IB NAS 2000 doesn't seem to recognise my new HD

Ok I'm semi literate in computers. Bought a Nas 2000 and a Western Dig 500mb drive. WD5000AAKB. it's P ATA or IDE in old speak and works perfecly in my computer which I have tried to make sure it wasn't the Disk.

I just want to use it on my LAN. Plugged in the NAS shows up on network and can access control via PC on network. Go to Maintenance and here's what I see.

The HD diagram says found new disk please format but the circle shows a yellow black yinyang sign in stead of a tick, so something's wrong. The disk info line has all options greyed out so can not format the disk from my NAS.

I was sure this HD would work. Now I'm thinking simple incompatability? There's no mention of jumper settings in the destructions?

Does any one have a clue?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

Montag, 26. Januar 2009, 14:01

Ah so caught up in my IT problems I didn't say hello!

My first post on your forum and dispensed with the pleasantries.

Hope someone can help me.

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Montag, 26. Januar 2009, 15:17

Hello and welcome Mike!

Sorry, we don't have a solution for your problem
The WD WD5000AAKB seems to be incompatible with the NAS1000 or NAS2000.

In the last days there have been 2 users reporting the same problem.
Post #1 #2 and #3 in German language.

Raidsonic support has been informed about that. Up to now they thought all disks are compatible...

Regards,
HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Dienstag, 27. Januar 2009, 19:25

Doh!

I got a reply from Raid Sonic's support today saying they have no solution, to take it back to my Reseller for an exchange, but if it's incompatible I'm goosed!

Frustrating. :comp01:

Thanks for replying.