Dienstag, 21. November 2017, 01:29 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Donnerstag, 31. Dezember 2009, 15:41

MRT 35HD-QUAD-NAS Quadnas Unbrick Help

I have a Quadnas that lost connection or something during a firmware upgrade........ Now it just says booting.

I have tried to find it on the network i have tried the RS232 port inside but nothing?

Is my only option JTAG? where do i solder the ports onto etc?

thanks

-Tom

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 31. Dezember 2009, 18:02

Hi Tom,
welcome on board!

First we should be 100% sure that the bootloader does not work any more.

Second we would need to flash the bootloader again. Yes, this is only possible through JTAG.

I don't have a Quad NAS. Could you make some pics of the top and bottom of the mainboard?
We need to find the JTAG pins.

Happy new year,
HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Samstag, 2. Januar 2010, 18:32

I am back at work on monday where the nas is so i will take some pictures and post then, Fingers crossed we can get it running again.

What JTAG do i need so i can buy one ready? I guess ebay is best for price and easiest for me to buy from?

Thanks

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Samstag, 2. Januar 2010, 19:34

Hi,
please have a look at the Wiki entry Bootloader - program Flash through JTAG

This article describes the standard unbricking procedure and there you find a proposal for the adapter.

Depending on your hardware skills and availability of on an LPT port you could build an unbuffered JTAG adapter by yourself.
What kind of serial adapter do you have?

HWguru
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Montag, 4. Januar 2010, 14:03

Thanks HWguru, I have just bought a JTAG adaptor from digitalvillage-de hopefully it will come soon.

I have the CA-42 nokia cable USB serial Adaptor, it worked previously when i have the dual-nas.

I will post pics of the board shortly.

thanks

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2010, 12:26

I have uploaded the pictures to flickr

here :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomolewis/s…57623143825048/

thanks

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2010, 13:01

Hi,
I had a look at the photos.
There are two unused positions for a 20pin connector.
One of them could be JTAG.

Pin 1 is marked on the board with a square/number/dot/etc normally.
Check if Pin 1 and 2 is 3.3V and try to compare it with the standard ARM JTAG pinout. You could measure 3.3V and the GND connections.

HWguru

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010, 11:29

I remembered to bring in my DVM today and tested, the second port i have marked it on the picture and pin 1 with 1 dot and pin 2 with 2 dots are both 3.2 volts.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomolewis/4…57623143825048/

Will this Jtag be suitable for the reflashing?

http://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/catalog/…?products_id=57

Many thanks

-Tom

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010, 11:52

Hi,
looks good. Could you measure then GND connections on 4,6,8,...20?

The adapter seems to fit but looks expensive for me.
For about the same you get the USB FT232R adapter which can be used for JTAG and serial.

HWguru

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010, 13:03

I will check the GND in a moment, The thing is that the place you said is HK based? it can take upto 14 days to get here :( The place i listed is UK based so only a couple of days hopefully.

Is there also some resistors or something i need to short out to enable the JTAG?

Many thanks....... fingers crossed my data is not losted :)

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010, 13:21

The thing is that the place you said is HK based? it can take upto 14 days to get here :( The place i listed is UK based so only a couple of days hopefully.
that's true. I have not found a similar USB device for a reasonable price here in Europe.

Zitat

Is there also some resistors or something i need to short out to enable the JTAG?
I don't think so because all the other SL3516 based designs had JTAG enabled already.

Zitat

Many thanks....... fingers crossed my data is not losted :)
It should be possible to read the data using a PC linux system.

HWguru

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010, 13:34

Sounds very promising i will order my jtag today :)

So even though my system was supposed to be raid-5 it will still read in a linux system...... 1 hard drive at a time?

If this works i hope it will help others........ mrt where no help at all...... they wouldnt even give me UK dealers names becuase they said they would only help people who bought the unit from them

They then sent me a link to buy a new unit from amazon what was £60 more expensive than i paid for mine...... also from amazon

P.S. do you ever use MSN?

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010, 14:00

Zitat

So even though my system was supposed to be raid-5 it will still read in a linux system...... 1 hard drive at a time?
I have never done by myself. Have a look at the colleagues at nas-portal. I think there should be some posts in English.

Zitat

If this works i hope it will help others........ mrt where no help at all...... they wouldnt even give me UK dealers names becuase they said they would only help people who bought the unit from them

They then sent me a link to buy a new unit from amazon what was £60 more expensive than i paid for mine...... also from amazon
.. they only want to make money with selling the hardware. It is far too easy bricking the device during a firmware upgrade. There should be some checks and an easy recovering procedure X(

Zitat

P.S. do you ever use MSN?
yes

HWguru

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010, 14:52

If my unbricking fails then i will look and try to recover this way :)

Seems like they rush to market with all there products :cursing:

My Jtag has been shipped already i paid extra for special delivery so it should be here tomorrow........ weather permitting.

I added you on MSN :)

Freitag, 8. Januar 2010, 12:43

Big thanks to HWguru who helped me get my Quadnas back working again.

:coolb: :coolb: :coolb:

Freitag, 5. Februar 2010, 16:41

My Nas has failed again, this time it seems there is some kind of short on the board.

I hope MRT can help me.