Montag, 18. Dezember 2017, 04:03 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2010, 04:40

35HD Dual Nas sata Firmware problems

Hi all,

After much reading and trial and error I've finally managed to unbrick my nas drive using the jtag method. The only problem now is re-installing the firmware (I've only got rev G5S504020033B36) I've followed the instructions here http://mrt.nas-central.org/index.php/The…nbricking_guide several times, and although telnet says everything worked fine when i press 1 to start kernel its says not found!!!! If i reboot the box i end up having to resort to Jtag again. Could this be a problem with the firmware I'm trying to use and if so does anyone have copies of older firmware (preferably the one mentioned in the above wiki)? As all the links I've found so far are dead or don't have firmwares any more. Thanks

Carl

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2010, 10:50

Hi and welcome!

G5S504020033B36 should be ok
The firmwares have been available here
But I have stored a copy at box as well.

If you flash the firmware parts (zImage, rd.gz, hdapp.tgz) it must not affect the bootloader.
One known effect is, if the file you load and flash is too big, it wraps around the flash chip and overwrites the bootloader.

Note that rd.gr and hddapp.tgz must remain in their compressed form. During boot these files are uncompressed and loaded into ram.

Regards,
HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2010, 11:17

Thanks for the welcome and links HWguru,

I'll try again as soon as I get chance, just one question, could the memory addresses in the wiki above be incorrect for different revisions of the box? Just a thought as as bootloader reports everything ok when installing the three seperate files....until i try to restart using option 1 or rebooting nas

Thanks again

Carl

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2010, 11:29

Hi,
no, up to now there are no different hardware revisions in the field.

All the guides I know are correct.

The bootloader does not check the addresses and the file size. If you take a file which is too big, you have lost ^^

HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!