Montag, 20. November 2017, 16:06 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Montag, 22. Februar 2010, 23:30

Mbox WDN-2000 NAS recovery, Flash problems

I got a short message from cstamas82. As I think this could be of interet to others I create a thread.

Zitat

Hi !
We talked in 2009 about Mvix Mbox WDN-2000 NAS recovery. I try many mode but the NAS was dead. I bought a 232R 3V3 TTL USB cable and I created a small panel to JTAG connection.
I download your flashtool and I download the bootloader (Opengemini.free.fr). The Planex MZK-NAS02SG is a compatible NAS. Another man who was a bad NAS make a succesful recovery with this firmware.

Steps:
Bootloader download with flashtool OK!

Default FIS directory OK!

Update Kernel
When I download the MZK-NAS02SG kernel I get a message:

Erase flash (0x30020000): Size=7340032 .........................................
....................................................................... OK!
Program flash (0x30020000): Size=6913180 ......................................F
lash program error!
12: Driver timed out waiting for device
FAILED at 0x30280000: Driver timed out waiting for device

It's maybe flash error.
I try the erase top64 button in flashtool but i get a message: "failed"
Is there any mode to flash reset or format?

C. T.
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Montag, 22. Februar 2010, 23:39

Hi,
there seems to be a hardware problem with the flash.
The firmware can erase it but there is a problem writing to it.

a) Maybe there is a bad soldering on the Flash pins.

b) is the power supply ok?

How did the board die?

Greetings from Ausrtria,
HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

AQUAR

Schüler

Freitag, 12. März 2010, 10:48

I got an email from cstamas82 outlining the recovery process he deployed, meaning he was successful :beer: .

Not sure if he had to overcome a hardware connection issue to get this far.

I'll post the procedure once its cleaned up a bit and verified.

Update: Unfortunately cstamas82 MVixbox seems to have a bad sector in flash memory so his procedure is still untested.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »AQUAR« (25. März 2010, 09:54)

Sonntag, 21. März 2010, 00:52

Unbrick instructions.

That would be awesome. My box is currently bricked also, but it is not damaged.

AQUAR

Schüler

Sonntag, 21. März 2010, 12:09

Un-Bricking the MVixbox

I'll create a new thread to provide cstamas82's procedure to recover the MVixbox.

His way uses the open Gemini bootloader and the planex firmware.

Use entirely at your own risk though :S .

Samstag, 3. April 2010, 14:28

Hi AQUAR, Any luck with documenting the procedure?

AQUAR

Schüler

Sonntag, 4. April 2010, 09:26

Pinchies,

Not yet as I am trying to get a grass roots handle on the bootstrap process (initialisation) deployed by MVix.

MVix wont release the source code for their firmware, and they have that serial number protection built in somewhere. That aspect worries me in terms of recovering to the MVix setup once we depart from it. HWguru has a post that shows we can get at the firmware but we need to know what we can do with that and how we can manipulate it.

The procedure I have is one that dumps everything MVix and replaces it with the standard linux based flash memory bootstrap process, using an open source bootloader and the Planex firmware that can be held entirely inside the flash memory.

You will need a JTAG connecor to flash the memory and a 5V to 3.3V serial interface cable to access the bootloader menu. And you need to solder header pins to the MBox Mobo to connect these cables.

I'll post the raw procedure as given by CSTAMAS82 if you really want to dive in without the fundamentals in place. ?(

AQUAR

Schüler

Sonntag, 11. April 2010, 13:31

Pinchies,

Not yet as I am trying to get a grass roots handle on the bootstrap process (initialisation) deployed by MVix.

MVix wont release the source code for their firmware, and they have that serial number protection built in somewhere. That aspect worries me in terms of recovering to the MVix setup once we depart from it. HWguru has a post that shows we can get at the firmware but we need to know what we can do with that and how we can manipulate it.

The procedure I have is one that dumps everything MVix and replaces it with the standard linux based flash memory bootstrap process, using an open source bootloader and the Planex firmware that can be held entirely inside the flash memory.

You will need a JTAG connecor to flash the memory and a 5V to 3.3V serial interface cable to access the bootloader menu. And you need to solder header pins to the MBox Mobo to connect these cables.

I'll post the raw procedure as given by CSTAMAS82 if you really want to dive in without the fundamentals in place. ?(
Procedure posted here
Is there a way loading the Planex MZK-nas02sg firmware onto an MVixBox (WDN-2000)?