Samstag, 18. November 2017, 20:30 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Giorgio70

Anfänger

Freitag, 11. Februar 2011, 10:30

Planex MZK-NAS01SG no more working after FW update, still live in telnet ethernet connection (recovery?)

Hello to everybody. I'm in trouble with my Planex (PCi) MZK-NAS01SG.

I did the FW update to the latest 1.4.2 from the Planex WebGUI, it seemed to finish fine...but after rebooting the device, no more WebGUI was available for viewing NAS and also to manage it, for example to reflash again firmware (bricked??).

Now, I'm able to connect the NAS in ethernet (its IP is now 192.168.1.254), and the ping response is Ok.
I can start a telnet session from windows (Win7 x64) telnet 192.168.1.254 at port 1192.
login as root with password: password when requested, and I'm at the command prompt #.
I can browse directories, type commands, and look to the files on the HDD (DataFolder), where i put the images-1.3.6.bin file (latest working fine).
But I cannot use it anymore.

My linux knowledge is very poor. Is there a way to recover my Planex MZK-NAS01SG from the busybox console, before open the box and try the serial connection procedure explained?

Thanks a lot in advance.

AQUAR

Schüler

Samstag, 19. Februar 2011, 04:29

Hello Giorgio70,

Hopefully someone with a Planex NAS box will eventually reply.

I wish I could help, but I have an MvixBox (same hardware) and therefore unfamiliar with how your device works.

With the MvixBox, if you take out the HDD's, the flash firmware defaults to an cgi information page on its default IP address.

From there you can reload the flash firmware. Maybe this is also the case with the Planex. Try it and see.

Aquar

Giorgio70

Anfänger

Sonntag, 20. März 2011, 11:10

AQUAR,

sorry for my delay to follow Your kind suggestions, but still not working after many tries and retries...in any case, Thanks a lot !

Several months ago Planex support told me that there is no way to recover NAS by the prompt line command....I might to believe them...

Now I'm playing with a Synology DS110j and I left the Planex recovery just to see if I will win the game against this device...I wouldn't to open the box for HW unbricking...

Thanks and my best regards.

AQUAR

Schüler

Sonntag, 20. März 2011, 12:32

Giorgio,

The NAS box is worthy of recovering as there is nothing wrong with it from a hardware point of view.

Since the bootloader seems to be working fine, then a connection to the serial port should work and give you access to the bootloader menu. From there you can reload the planex firmware as described in the WIKI's here or maybe try the OPENWRT (opensource) firmware.

Just means opening the box and a do a little bit of hardware tinkering.

I've not had any need to do this myself so I am just going by the information from others.

The guys here are always willing to help if you get into difficulty doing these kinds of things.

Aquar