Dienstag, 21. November 2017, 14:56 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

gibbylinks

Anfänger

Samstag, 26. Februar 2011, 12:43

Twonky not keeping settings (NAS1000)

I have an IcyBox NAS1000 revision B, FW 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1 with 1TB SATA drive connected via PATA/SATA convertor and it works fine.

I installed Twonky media and liked it so I bought a licence and upgraded to 6.0.31-RC6 which works fine.

My problem is whenever I shut down the NAS drive, to connect with USB and sync it with my PC Twonky loses the licence and all the settings. How can I make the licence and settings permanent ?

Thanks

snoopy

NAS2000-Team

Montag, 28. Februar 2011, 12:32

Hi and welcome!

This seems to me like You did not an upgrade to 6.x, more a parallel installation.
--> Did You remove the prev twonky version(s) before installing the 6.x version?

Normally the twonky settings keep alive over reboot - but I can not say if this is the same when changing from NAS to USB mode... but it should.

What I noticed is the restart of the testing period... after reboot the twonky settings (http://<LOCAL-IP>:9000/config) show 30 days left (of trial period of 30 days). Thats why I did not spent any money into a licence, much more 20 minutes in a job that restarts NAS after 29 days. ;)

1.) could you please restart your NAS !without! changing from NAS to USB mode? ... Same problem?
2.) check public/application folder for prev. versions (if there rename the directory from twonky to "somewhat else")
3.) Try to sync You PC over ethernet, not via USB

Which version is running on you PC? Can you change anything in the sync settings? Maybe theres a licence-exchange?

What does twonky say to that problem? As you are a VIP user (the one with a licence) You should get some support. :think:

Greetz
snoopy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Der Mensch ist das wichtigste und kostbarste Peripheriegerät einer Computeranlage.

myStuff: NAS2001+4220(1000Gb-ext3)+Dlink524+KabelD. (120 Mbit)

gibbylinks

Anfänger

Montag, 28. Februar 2011, 20:04

Ok, I didn't remove the previous version. Don't know how to.

There is one folder in public/applications called Twonky

If I turn the NAS off and back on it loses the settings.

Also how can I configure so that twonky starts automatically at boot ?

Thanks, will also try posting on twonky forums and let you now if I get repsonse.

---------------------------------------

Ok sorted out the license problem by editing the .ini file and adding

Quellcode

# license key
cdkey=AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD-EEEE-FFFF-GGGG-HHHH

and sorted out getting it to restart. Renamed Twonky folder to twonkymedia - NAS1000 box needs it called this so you you enable/disable it from the Icybox admin web page.

Still not sorted out keeping settings though

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »gibbylinks« (28. Februar 2011, 23:04)

snoopy

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 1. März 2011, 20:27

Strange. :think: The things You have done should have solved the problem.

Maybe thers a problem with your disc config. Is it jumped to master (IDE1) ? And have you formatted it, using ext2 or ext3?

Greetz
snoopy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Der Mensch ist das wichtigste und kostbarste Peripheriegerät einer Computeranlage.

myStuff: NAS2001+4220(1000Gb-ext3)+Dlink524+KabelD. (120 Mbit)

gibbylinks

Anfänger

Mittwoch, 2. März 2011, 21:28

Not sure about the jumper. But it's formatted to ext3 and chmod works Ok with it. Everything elses works OK.

I use the USB because I have a 1tb USB drive connected to the PC which I sync my music from. I use ext2fs and microsoft synctoy to keep the drives sync, and this way my music is backed up all the time.