Samstag, 25. November 2017, 12:23 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Mittwoch, 27. April 2011, 15:41

NS-2502 FT232R Pinouts. What is what

Hello.

Some weeks ago I put down my NS-2502 because of wrong firmware upload.
After when I try to connect by the USB-TTL Serial Nokias CA-42 i upload good firmware but do not upgrade RAM and kernel.
After reboot system is down.

Now i Buy FT232R FTDIs mini-board for upload redboot module via Flash software (and LPT Wiggler JTAG too but it is not for NS-2502), but on the NS-2502 I do not know pins settings.

FT232s mini-board manual with shema - http://www.kosmodrom.com.ua/data/ftdi/DS_UM232R_v102.pdf

is this FTDI mini-board compatible for flash bootloader into NS-2502? or i need use Wiggler JTAG?

Photos:
FTDI mini-board

NS-2502 Board

=========================

And I cant understand this pin shema

Thank you!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EmmaC« (27. April 2011, 15:53)

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Mittwoch, 27. April 2011, 23:13

Hi and welcome!

You mixed up the two connectors shown at the pinout diagram.

On the left side you see the connector of the JTAG adapter proposed by me. Yours look different but is perfect for the job.
On the right you see the signal names of the JTAG interface. They must be connected to the nas mainboard.

J4 is the JTAG interface and the pinout can be found in a German thread in this post

Quellcode

+---------------+
| 2  4  6  8 10 |
| 1  3  5  7  9 |
+---------------+
J4

1 = VCC
2 = DBGREQ
3 = GND
4 = TMS
5 = not used
6 = TDO
7 = DBGACK
8 = TCK
9 = TDI
10 =not used

Important: Check the settings of jumper J1 and J2!

You could use the "USB Bus Powered 3.3V Logic Drive" configuration described at Figure 7 - Page 16 in the datasheet.
The FTDI chip is supplied by USB and the IO pins by the internal 3.3V regulator. (J1 = 1-2)
Do not connect VCC to the nas.

Regards,
HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 08:14

Hi and welcome!

You mixed up the two connectors shown at the pinout diagram.

On the left side you see the connector of the JTAG adapter proposed by me. Yours look different but is perfect for the job.
On the right you see the signal names of the JTAG interface. They mus be connected to the nas mainboard.

J4 is the JTAG interface and the pinout can be found in a German thread in this post

Quellcode

+---------------+
| 2  4  6  8 10 |
| 1  3  5  7  9 |
+---------------+
J4

1 = VCC
2 = DBGREQ
3 = GND
4 = TMS
5 = not used
6 = TDO
7 = DBGACK
8 = TCK
9 = TDI
10 =not used

Important:Check the settings of jumper J1 and J2!

You could use the "USB Bus Powered 3.3V Logic Drive" configuration described at Figure 7 - Page 16 in the datasheet.
The FTDI chip is supplied by USB and the IO pins by the internal 3.3V regulator. (J1 = 1-2)
Do not connect VCC to the nas.

Regards,
HWguru
I have this pinouts but I can`t understand what is MTS, TDO, TCK, TDI on FTDI mini-board (TXD, RXD, ....) ??

=================================
Was liefert denn "2: List Image"?

Gehe den Weg
1. "Y: Upgrade Kernel" (braucht normal zImage)
2. "R: Upgrade RAM Disk" (braucht normal rd.gz)
=================================
After I upgrade firmware I do not do it - upgrade RAM and Kernel :( And now have this problem with JTAGs pinouts :(

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 08:21

I have this pinouts but I can`t understand what is MTS, TDO, TCK, TDI on FTDI mini-board (TXD, RXD, ....) ??

You see it on the graphics.
If you use Type 3 DCD must be connected to TCK and so on ...

Can you access the bootloader with the serial adapter? If so, you don't need JTAG.
Through JTAG you only program the bootloader.

HWguru
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 08:43

You see it on the graphics.
If you use Type 3 DCD must be connected to TCK and so on ...

Can you access the bootloader with the serial adapter? If so, you don't need JTAG.
Through JTAG you only program the bootloader.

HWguru
I no have any cables to FTDI mini-board. I Can not use the serial console because of no access, no standart beeps, no standart blinks after reboot - only 1 short beep after power up

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 08:45

I no have any cables to FTDI mini-board.

You have to build some :whistling:

Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 08:51

I no have any cables to FTDI mini-board.

You have to build some :whistling:

It is not a problem - problem is to synchronize PINs names on NS-2502 TDO,TDI, etc and on FTDIs TXD, RXD,...

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 09:00

problem is to synchronize PINs names

On the pin schema you posted you see how the signals are linked. I gave you the 10 pin connector layout and the other names are printed on your adapter. Do not forget the connection for DBGRQ.

HWguru

Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 10:29

problem is to synchronize PINs names

On the pin schema you posted you see how the signals are linked. I gave you the 10 pin connector layout and the other names are printed on your adapter. Do not forget the connection for DBGRQ.

HWguru
As I can see on JTAGs signals desription here

AND

Pinouts description from FTDI Chip manual

!!! MAY be it is wrong - plese help to set correct "="

JTAGs signals description FTDI signals description

TDI= serial data IN for JTAG connector and to my mind = TXD (Transfer for mini-board)
TDO = serial data OUT and -//- = RXD -//-
DBGRQ = Debuq request = RTS# Type: Output / Request To Send Control Output / Handshake signal.*
DBGACK = Debug acknowledge = DTR# Type: Output / Data Terminal Ready Control Output / Handshake signal.*
TMS = = ?
TCK = = ?

?( ;( :worthy:

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 11:24

Oh man! ;(

Forget this document. It only confuses you.

Please have a look to the pin description again - Link (German) and the Wiki Article (English)

For type 3 you have to connect:

Quellcode

Adapter - NAS JTAG signal
-------------------------
DTR - TDI
DSR - TMS
DCD - TCK
RI  - TDO
GND - GND
directly on the nas:  DBGRQ - VCC

All this is shown in the pin schema picture.

HWguru

AQUAR

Schüler

Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 13:07

EmmaC

I empathise with what you are going through. But may I suggest that you are trying far to hard.
As an end user, there is no need to work out what these signal abbreviations stand for or what their functions are.

What is important is that you match the named pins on the FTD adapter with the named pins on the JTAG port in your NAS.
And then follow the process to reload the bootloader as described by the experts here.

There may still be some confusion, as there are a few variations in hooking the FTD adapter to the JTAG port (for example - which 3.3 volt source to use for the signal lines -internal regulator or NAS VCC). I suggest you make a diagram of your proposed connections so that HWguru will tell you if its correct or not. Then just proceed to make the cable/adapter.

As I said, stay focussed on the basic hardware aspects and things will fall into place.

Aquar :comp01:

Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 15:58

Oh man! ;(

Forget this document. It only confuses you.

Please have a look to the pin description again - Link (German) and the Wiki Article (English)

For type 3 you have to connect:

Quellcode

Adapter - NAS JTAG signal
-------------------------
DTR - TDI
DSR - TMS
DCD - TCK
RI  - TDO
GND - GND
directly on the nas:  DBGRQ - VCC

All this is shown in the pin schema picture.

HWguru
I see on shema you posted and cant see the shema .......Where is my eyes....
All OK

JTAG TEST

Cable type 3 detected.
Device is in debug-mode - OK

CPU-Type SL3516 detected.

Flash-Manufacturer: 0xc2
Flash-Device-ID: 22cb-0000-0008
Flash type - OK

=========================

For me - :rtfm: :rtfm: :rtfm: - read the manual - EmmaC :beer:
Thank you!

Now I read the bootloader from flash and see what is the metter/

Question - Which bootloader is better ? http://opengemini.free.fr/wiki/doku.php?id=redboot redboot_cs351x_planex_109a.bin or http://www.ylipsis.com/blog/2009/12/edimax-ns-2502-review/ Plannexs http://www.planex.net/download/nas/mzk-nas02sg.htm btmodule ?

P.S. extracted boot module from UnBootable NS-2502 here http://turbobit.net/tisrw2i1487p.html

OR Get Redboot_MvixBox.zip - MvixBox is better choice ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EmmaC« (28. April 2011, 16:23)

Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 16:06

EmmaC

I empathise with what you are going through. But may I suggest that you are trying far to hard.
As an end user, there is no need to work out what these signal abbreviations stand for or what their functions are.

What is important is that you match the named pins on the FTD adapter with the named pins on the JTAG port in your NAS.
And then follow the process to reload the bootloader as described by the experts here.

There may still be some confusion, as there are a few variations in hooking the FTD adapter to the JTAG port (for example - which 3.3 volt source to use for the signal lines -internal regulator or NAS VCC). I suggest you make a diagram of your proposed connections so that HWguru will tell you if its correct or not. Then just proceed to make the cable/adapter.

As I said, stay focussed on the basic hardware aspects and things will fall into place.

Aquar :comp01:
NS-2502 is test version of NAS and i can tell, that it is bad reason to buy low cost NAS. Next NAS what i plan to buy QNAP TS-459 Pro + or Better way UP the OpenSUSE PC, build on it All needed services and say goodbay NAS because for mid-level internet provider NS-2502 unneded :thumbdown:

Donnerstag, 28. April 2011, 17:07

:dance3:

JTAG TEST

Cable type 3 detected.
Device is in debug-mode - OK

CPU-Type SL3516 detected.

Flash-Manufacturer: 0xc2
Flash-Device-ID: 22cb-0000-0008
Flash type - OK

================================

Erasing Flash. Please wait - done.
Write data to Flash.
128.0 / 128.0 - done.

Flash Block Size = 65536

Storlink SL351x Boot Loader [Linux], version 1.0.9
Built by linux, 10:50:46, Aug 6 2008

Processor: SL3516c2
CPU Rate: 300000000
AHB Bus Clock:150MHz Ratio:2/1
MAC 1 Address: 00:50:C2:11:11:11
MAC 2 Address: 00:50:C2:22:22:22
inet addr: 192.168.0.200/255.255.255.0
==> enter ^C to abort booting within 2 seconds ......
PHY 0 Addr 1 Vendor ID: 0x001cc912
mii_write: phy_addr=0x1 reg_addr=0x4 value=0x5e1
mii_write: phy_addr=0x1 reg_addr=0x9 value=0x300
mii_write: phy_addr=0x1 reg_addr=0x0 value=0x1200
mii_write: phy_addr=0x1 reg_addr=0x0 value=0x9200
mii_write: phy_addr=0x1 reg_addr=0x0 value=0x1200
mii_write: phy_addr=0x1 reg_addr=0x18 value=0x2741

Boot Menu (8M+128M version 1.4)
==============================================================================
0: Reboot 1: Start the Kernel Code
2: List Image 3: Delete Image
4: Create New Image 5: Enter Command Line Interface
6: Set IP Address 7: Set MAC Address
8: Show Configuration F: Create Default FIS
X: Upgrade Boot Y: Upgrade Kernel
Z: Upgrade Firmware A: Upgrade Application
R: Upgrade RAM Disk

=> Select:

now i try to play with http://opengemini.free.fr/wiki/doku.php?id=openwrt

Freitag, 29. April 2011, 01:13

ALL OK !
NAS Work as in first time.

But ! I try use some boot modules, kernels from OpenWRT gemini , Planex original - as result no correct work
Better choice - using original boot module from edimax.pl forum and original kernel :!:

HWguru - Thank You !

HWguru: removed previous (double) post and link to memberlist

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EmmaC« (29. April 2011, 10:22)

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Freitag, 29. April 2011, 12:25

Hi EmmaC
great that you succeeded finally. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the feedback which will be useful for other users.

HWguru

Freitag, 29. April 2011, 13:43

Hi EmmaC
great that you succeeded finally. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the feedback which will be useful for other users.

HWguru
By this links

http://depositfiles.com/files/jlbc5yvmp
http://turbobit.net/jrcw100pn6bs.html
https://rapidshare.com/files/459754223/NAS-2502.rar

you find this:

+---BootModules
| | redboot_cs351x_planex_109a(2).bin
| | Original_NS-2502_Boot.bin
| | NAS_FlashTool.exe
| |
| \---dualhddnas-redboot
| redboot.bin
|
+---FW
| | Original_0.74c_Edimax_20100709.bin
| |
| \---Planex
| \---MZK-NAS01-02SG_FW_v1.3.6tw_CEJ
| btmodule.bin
| images_1.3.6TW.bin
| release.txt
|
+---Other_Modules
| | readme.txt
| |
| +---Current_Config_mtd3.bin
| | mtd3.bin
| |
| +---FIS_Directory_mtd4.bin
| | mtd4.bin
| |
| +---Kernel_mtd1.bin
| | mtd1.bin
| |
| \---VCTL_mtd2.bin
| mtd2.bin
|
+---Module
| new-BT-download-package_0.0.0.4_Edimax_20100721.ssi
| ssh-install-root_edimax.ssi
|
\---Drivers_ETC
NS-250X_Manual.doc
NS-2502_Datasheet0205.zip

HWGuru - please add the original (~130k) boot module to the NAS_Flash_Tool post list.

Thank you.

p.s. as the USB - Serial TTL terminal I use CA-42 cable from Nokia. But do NOT use original NOKIAs CA-42 cable - no connection or some ASCII symbols run.
Use pure china-made CA-42 cable. I use 3-wire and 5or 6- wire cables - both work good with NAS and with HDDs

And use TFTP for upgrage kernel - it more faster ;) (time to find, install, configure TFTP daemon ~ = 0.1..0.5 time to send FW via serial) (google search= free TFTPD)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EmmaC« (29. April 2011, 15:00)

Freitag, 29. April 2011, 14:55

Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2011, 21:01

Auch wenn das hier Off-Topic ist, muss ich das jetzt loswerden:
*RESPEKT*, HWguru.
Damit hast Du dir einen (virtuellen) Kasten Bier verdient, mindestens.

Und das gehört jetzt zum Thema:
Ich habe diese NAS hier: http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/410600/?35ER-SATA-BITTORRENT-NETZWERKGEHAeUSE']www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/410600/?35ER-SATA-BITTORRENT-NETZWERKGEHAeUSE
... gebricked ;) Der Bootloader ist noch da, versuche ich mich mal.
Ein Frage habe ich: Reicht es, wenn ich an der seriellen Schnittstelle auf dem Board nur RXD, TXD und GND anschließe?
Das USB-Modul aus Hongkong ist noch nicht da. Und das Modul was ich habe, hat nur die 5V.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »64er« (20. Mai 2011, 13:45)

AQUAR

Schüler

Samstag, 21. Mai 2011, 15:13

Hi,

I don't read German so please excuse if I am wrong in interpreting your post.

You cannot directly connect the transmit and receive pins between the PC and NAS. You need to current limit the RXD connection else the 5 volt signal level will destroy part of the NAS and possibly the 3.3 volt signal level from the NAS will not be seen by the PC.

HWguru is the electronics guru so it might be better to wait for his input.

Aquar