Saturday, November 25th 2017, 12:44am UTC+1

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to NAS Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 12:37am

Unbricking NAS G101

Hi,

I just bricked my G101 nas adapter. As I see on wiki, there is 2 ways of unbricking. First is with serial adapter and if that fails, with JTAG. I want to try first method but when I open my device there is no such header for connection. Can someone tell me where to find rx, tx and gnd pins?I have jp1 who have 5 pins and that is closest to the rs232 header. :) Pls help

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 9:20am

Hi and welcome!

Could you provide us a photo of your board?
I am not sure which hardware you actually have.

In any case you need a 3.3V serial adapter.
Normally GND is directly connected to the copper plane around the pins.

If you connect GND and VCC (depends on the type of adapter if VCC is required) you could look for the Tx pin of the NAS by connecting Rx of your adapter.
When switching on the nas you should see the messages of the bootloader.

HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

Sunday, December 25th 2011, 12:52am

Here are the board pics.

Other question, I have firmware in img format, is there any solution to decompress it to three files needed for repairing?

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Monday, December 26th 2011, 12:11pm

Hi,
ahh this NAS cannot be unbricked this way. It is not based on a 3316 or similar CPU.
The MRT NAS-G101 (also found some other brands) uses a different processor and hardware.

There is a German post about this product which refers to an English post at MRT forum describing a bit more details.

The image seems to be contents of the whole FLASH memory.

Regards,
HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!