sabato, 18 novembre 2017, 20:28 UTC+1

Non risulti loggato.

• Login
  • Registrazione

Gentile visitatore,
Benvenuto su NAS Forum. Se questa è la tua prima visita, ti chiediamo di leggere la sezione Aiuto. Questa guida ti spiegherà il funzionamento di questa pagina. Prima di poter utilizzare tutte le funzioni di questo software dovrai registrarti. Usa la form di registrazione per registrarti adesso, oppure visualizza maggiori informazioni sul processo di registrazione. Se sei già un utente registrato, allora dovrai solamente procedere con il login da qui.

davedru

Principiante

domenica, 14 ottobre 2012, 22:25

Users/Groups Vanished - now unable to access files and folders through NAS (35HD-DUALIDE-NAS)

Hi all.

I'm looking for some help with a big problem ;(

I moved house some months back and have only recently come to use my NAS......it appears to have lost all user/group settings. I was therefore unable to access any of the files and folders stored on the NAS.

Not knowing what else to do, I pushed the reset button on the back of the unit........

Now when I switch it on, I get a prompt (WinXP, sp3) advising of a newly discovered UPnP device. In 'network places' I can access the NAS ?landing page (stating ICY BOX IB NAS-1000, Tinky v2.3.2-mu-02).

I was then able to log in with the username 'admin' and setup an admin password, but there are no existing users or groups (other than admin and guest-share) under the relevant sections in the Control Panel tab..........

There were 3 additional users, each with their own personal space and (if I remember rightly) 2 groups set up. Before the house move these were evident when logging in through the web GUI and relevant folders appeared in 'network places'.

I have installed Explore2fs on my PC and can (thankfully!!) see the files/folders content still on the HDD itself.

What's happened to my NAS??

If anyone is able to assist I would be very thankful! Please ask for any further required details.

Dave

(Firmware version 2.3.2-mu-02.2-ls)

AQUAR

Allievo

giovedì, 18 ottobre 2012, 12:59

Hi Dave,

Noticed your post for help.
I don't have you NAS nor do I use Tinky so I can only be generic in making a comment.

Hardware and software is not 100% reliable and can have glitches that will result in loss of data.
The loss/corruption of user settings might due to eg a supply glitch, firmware bug or perhaps your HDD has developed a bad sector with being idle for some time.
Anyones guess really.

You can probably log in via secure shell to change the ownership of these user files/folders and create new user accounts for them.
Hopefully its not to hard to figure out how to do that, as Tinky a basically a simple version of Linux.

AQUAR

snoopy

NAS2000-Team

venerdì, 19 ottobre 2012, 01:32

Hi Dave,

I had just the same effect, using WINscp. Some default settings in Read user rights shot all the group and user settings.

Is there any backup of the settings? Might solve the problem.

If not, I guess there is just one way: Create and correlate the users manually. Just a boring and annoying job. But the only chance.

Nevertheless, it is also a chance to change the HDD - mine was just old enough to set up the NAS completely to a new HDD.

Did You something before disconnecting from Power?

Greetz
Snoopy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Der Mensch ist das wichtigste und kostbarste Peripheriegerät einer Computeranlage.

myStuff: NAS2001+4220(1000Gb-ext3)+Dlink524+KabelD. (120 Mbit)

davedru

Principiante

venerdì, 19 ottobre 2012, 14:16

Hi AQUAR / Snoopy

Thanks for your comments.

This fault happened a couple of months ago and when it did one of the first things I did was check the disk for errors (using Hirens) - all clear.

Unfortunately if there is a backup of settings Snoopy, as this was set up initially 5 years ago, said backup could now be literally anywhere!!!! and to be honest I don't remember.

I've not really had any experience of using SSH but have used Putty slightly in the past with Telnet. I have only recently got hold of Ubuntu so have no experience of Linux, and only obtained Ext2IFS for windows to check the files/folders on the NAS. I'll be having a look around the forums here and at 'storlinkdevices.altervista.org' but if anyone can recommend any beginner advice or pointers / websites, that would be good By the sounds of it you're both in agreement on the way forward - creating / correlating / changing ownership manually through SSH.......:S

My wife tells me that the NAS did work in the new house - we have had some issues with lightbulbs blowing and tripping out the whole electricity supply so maybe the NAS was affected by an outage??

Thanks again guys,

Dave