Mittwoch, 22. November 2017, 23:01 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

vlad21

Anfänger

Dienstag, 25. Dezember 2012, 15:05

WDN2000 (MBox) questions.

Hi!
Happy New Year to everyone!

I have few questions.
How possible to log in with Telnet or SSH?
In terminal (Debian6 KDE):
root@debian6kde:/home/vlad# telnet 192.168.0.100
Trying 192.168.0.100...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

root@debian6kde:/home/vlad# ssh 192.168.0.100
Protocol major versions differ: 2 vs. 1

Next. I would like to change Bit Torrent client to another one, because the original not work with magnet link(s).

Next. Last summer lightning knocked out the LAN chip, but the HDD in it was left intact.I took out the HDD and put it into my computer like an LVM volume. I used it like a normal HDD.
I repaired my MBox ( changed RTL8211B ) and I would like to put the HDD back into it, but I'm afraid it will be erased. Can I put it back safely without losing all the data?
I already have another HDD inside the MBox ( linear mode ), which has the factory program.

Next. I have program version 1.0.6. I tried to download version 1.1, (http://www.mvix.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=956), but the Unicorn site sad : "The requested URL /mboxfirmware/MvixBox_v1.1.bin.zip was not found on this server".
The upgrade procedure says, upgrade from 1.0.6 to 1.1.2 needs first 1.1, then 1.1.2.

Best regards : -=L=-

AQUAR

Schüler

Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2012, 08:00

Hi vlad21

As a windows user, I use winscp as the telnet client without any problem.
I set up the telnet client to connect to the "MvixBox server name" via port 22 using the scp protocol.
Of course with appropriate username and password.

You could use the server's LAN IP address as well if you know what it is.
Usually the NAS box is connected via a router with DHCP, so its IP address is not static (hence best to use server name).

Also make sure SSH is enabled on the MvixBox.

Much the same would apply using a ssh client under linux.

The MvixBox has a propriety firmware so changing the bit torrent client might be a bit of a task.

Yes you need to upgrade to V1.1 first then to V1.1.1 and if you are game to V1.1.2.
Firmware files for V1.1.1 still exist on the Unicorn website, and best to contact them for V1.1.

Update: Found this working link to firmware V1.1 - http://detectdriver.com/freedownload/sto…1-1-/61048.html

Aquar