Dienstag, 21. November 2017, 13:08 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

bootlegger

Anfänger

Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013, 01:53

trying to unbrick a dual nas sata

Newbies first attempt at unbricking a dual nas sata. :S
I have followed all the guides I can find (and read) so far and have achieved the following results in the flashtool program (verbose mode):

Quellcode

Testing cabletype 3
JTAG-IDCODE: 0xffffffff - not OK
Expected: 0x00526fa1
Bypass-test: 0xffffffff - not OK
Expected: 0xaaab5554

Testing cabletype 4
JTAG-IDCODE: 0x00000000 - not OK
Bypass-test: 0x5555aaaa - not OK

Cable type 4 detected.
Short plug detected.

But I can not seem to get any further. ?(

I have so far placed on the motherboard a 100ohm resister on R35/R36 and placed switch on pin 2 to 17 so I can try breakpoint mode at power up time or after boot up time.
My programmer is an FTDI232RL placed on 3.3v mode. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221179272652?s…984.m1439.l2649
I have shorted RTS/CTS on the FTDI232RL output as described (TDI/TDO)
The chipset on the dual nas is the Storlink 3316-G
I have installed the FTDI drivers (CDM20824_Setup.exe under XP)
My motherboard has Vcc,Rc,Tx,Gnd connections for link to the USB interface

Is my programmer compatible - I know all references state FTDI232R only, but I figure this must be the same?
Any other pointers as to where I might be going wrong? :think:

Regards
Bootlegger

Edit by HWguru - enclosed output log as "code"

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013, 08:42

Hi,
this nearly looks good.
Your adapter is compatible, otherwise the software would not accept it.

The part in the log

Quellcode

Testing cabletype 4
JTAG-IDCODE: 0x00000000 - not OK
Bypass-test: 0x5555aaaa - not OK

Cable type 4 detected.
Short plug detected.
tells me that your cable is working and the test pattern 0x555aaa sent on TDO is received on TDI.
Therefore you get the message "Short plug detected."

If the pattern passes a chip which is set to "JTAG bypass mode" it is delayed one bit and would be received as 0xaaab5554.

You write about Rx, Tx ...
Did you connect to the serial port? You have to use the JTAG connector and connect at least GND, TMS, TCK, TDI, TDO ...
This is a different connector than the serial port! :!: look here

You are close to success :thumbup:

HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

bootlegger

Anfänger

Dienstag, 12. Februar 2013, 14:49

Aha! 8o
That will be where I am going wrong - whats the point of the serial interface then?
I will hopefully get chance tonight to go through the jtag interface then,
Good to know the programmers working - thought I may have wasted my money for a moment.
Will let you know the outcome.
Thanks.
Bootlegger

AQUAR

Schüler

Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2013, 08:04

Mostly JTAG is the point of last resort, and used to unbrick a NAS whose flash memory no longer has working bootcode.

Maybe try and use the serial port with a telnet client like putty and see if you can bring up the NAS bootloader menu.
If you can, it will be so much easier to reflash the firmwares inside the MTD partitions and restore the NAS to full working glory.
The bootloader usually has a Tftp client so reflashing is via a simple Tftp transfer of firmware bin files.

You will find relevant instructions in the wikis.
Don't give up too easily on the serial connection as often you miss the window of opportunity to enter the bootloader menu.

The same FTDI - USB to RS232 adapter is used to interface to the JTAG or the Serial port.

If you have to use JTAG then HWguru is the :worthy: for help with the tricky bits that aren't always so obvious.

bootlegger

Anfänger

Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2013, 15:33

Yes HWGuru does require hi praise indeed! :worthy:
Got my NAS working again last night (of sorts).
Manged to write a redboot image, then got booted to the reboot kernal and updated various parts (image, rd, hdapps).

I have a different issue now though, which I dont think belongs in this thread or forum, but I will tell all anyway.
I was unsure of the exact redboot image to use, but most links i found for dual nas sata were dead. The reboot image i found and uploaded shows many different partitions, which I am sure my previous NAS Config did not show.
I updated zImage, RD.gz, and hdapps.tgz, and it does boot without hard drives attached to what looks like the same nas software I used to have. However, when I plug a hard drive in, it appears that the kernal loads some
config details off the attached hard drive as the network interface goes down and comes back up again with my old network ip that was originally configured on the device. But then, I cant seem to access the web interface anymore.
Without the HD installed, it boots and works fine, but after saving configs (change of IP), and powering off, it doesn't seem to keep the changes. Maybe this is by design and I need to get the exact kernal image I had previously to be able to restore full operation. Anybody know anything about this behaviour?

Anyone, I guess the rest is down to me, so thankyou once again HWGuru! :P

Once happier NAS box owner,
Bootlegger

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2013, 16:16

Hi,
all user configured settings will be stored on the disk somewhere in the system partition.
This is the reason why they get lost after reboot if no disk is installed.

Maybe I have a copy of the firmware you need. Tell me which one you are looking for.

HWguru
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

bootlegger

Anfänger

Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2013, 01:33

Hi,
trawling the internet I found this link:
http://www.lindy.co.uk/dual-hdd-nas-pers…sata/32479.html
This appears to be the one I purchased - as for the firmware, I am unsure, but looking throught the manual supplied on the link above, it implies CentriNas_2_3_2.tar.gz would be a valid firmware for this device.
Another google search for CentriNas yields another possible firmware of CentreNas_v_2_3_3a.tar.gz, but the links appear dead now.
Other links indicate its from ww.mrt-communications.com, however it appears there are no references to it on that site.
oh, hang on, I think I may have found a link to CentriNas:
http://migs.fr/FTP/99-Utilitaires/Boitie…mware/Firmware/
I'll give that a go first.
Thanks.
Bootlegger

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2013, 07:29

Hi,
does your NAS look like the 35HD-DUAL-NAS (IDE&SATA) shown here?
Then the firmware G5S504020033B36 should be the most recent one. Thread at MRT Forum

HWguru

bootlegger

Anfänger

Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2013, 14:17

Thanks HWGuru,
Yes, that is the same device.

I will try that link out probably tomorrow night. (busy tonight with valentines and all that jazz :lean: )
I have a file name like that already (not sure of the exact numbers as I am not at my home PC at present) which is what I used to flash before, which has produced the strange results I described, but I will download and give that one a go and let you know.

Cheers
Bootlegger

bootlegger

Anfänger

Freitag, 15. Februar 2013, 14:10

Time for another update. Managed to have another go last night, but things havent improved much.
The link you provided was to a similair firmware I had already tried - I had used ...B34, and yours was B36.
I tried the B36 one, and again, I was able to load zImage, rd.gz and hddapps.tgz through redboot, and upon reboot, system did restart and did evetually come back with a ping on 192.168.1.1. Web interface worked at this point.
I then attached a hard drive and rebooted. Eventually it came back on 192.168.1.2, so it read the HD to get the original config, but the webinterface wasnt available and I could not access drive over a UNC path.
I am still not sure about the reboot.img I have used.
When I use option 2 in redboot to list system images, I get around 7 items, but I am 99% sure that previously I only had 4 or 5 items in that list. Do you have an alternate redboot.img that I can maybe try?
Thanks for you help so far.

Heres hoping
Bootlegger

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Freitag, 15. Februar 2013, 16:03

HI,
I know such problems that the web interface is not available.
This may happen if data on the system partition on the disk is corrupted.

There is some mechanism where this partition is built during first setup of the disk.
I don't know why but then the web interface is copied from Flash to the disk.
Then all settings made are stored in directories and files like in a database.

Redboot is used for booting the kernel only. It's comparable to a PC's bios.
You have a problem on the disk and not with the firmware on the nas itself. The contents of the Flash is never changed during normal operation but only during firmware update.

If you have an old empty disk you could put it into your nas and format it.
Then you have a new system partition which could be copied to the other disk but I guess you will lose all settings.

Did you watch the boot process through the serial console? Are there any interesting messages?

HWguru

bootlegger

Anfänger

Freitag, 15. Februar 2013, 21:24

oh, interesting. so the whole thing is ran from the HD. Would not have guessed at that. :hmm:
OK, maybe I will try the second disk only and (as it was a raid1 dual disc) and see if that works. If not, then maybe i will try an alternate HD as you mention.
Will keep you posted.
Bootlegger

bootlegger

Anfänger

Samstag, 16. Februar 2013, 14:30

Alrighty then, back to a working system of sorts :thumbsup:

I turns out my impatients was part of the problem waiting for the web interface. I couldnt seem to get any information from serial interface when booting the box to see what was going in. I tried 8,n,1,with variable bauds, but non seemed to show anything.

I had 1 hard drive showed defunct (no data), but the other showed data, so added them both in together and let the raid re-build and now its workings.

I still have a hardware fault that I can not get the system board to boot without disconnecting one of the hard drives as it seems to draw to much power at boot up. If I boot with one hard drive, then plug the sata power connector in to the second when booted, then restart the nas via the web interface, it all works. I might try a higher rated power pack as my replacement I bought was the correct volt and amp (12v/4a), but it doesnt seem to handle the draw of power at bootup time. All caps appear fine on the motherboard.

Anyway, thanks once again for the assitance HWGuru. :thumbup:

I think I will leave the OS alone now and stick with the stock rom, although I might be tempted to retry an alternate if anyone knows if there is any firmware that makes this box complaint with a PS3 for streaming. :think:

Bootlegger

AQUAR

Schüler

Sonntag, 17. Februar 2013, 07:39

Its nice to see a post that doesn't end "mid air".

:thumbup: to bootlegger for being a respectfull poster.

Aquar

bootlegger

Anfänger

Montag, 18. Februar 2013, 00:09

Thanks for the Kudos Aquar :)

I think its only fair to reply and keep everyone informed as to my findings (even if it does sound like I am rambling!) as without the help of this forum (especially HWGuru) I would not have my NAS box back.
I can only hope my findings help someone else out in the future. Its been an interesting learning curve about the device.

Bootlegger

bootlegger

Anfänger

Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2013, 00:14

.Just going to finish off this thread now with some information I gained about my NAS device and FTDI programmer.

Hopefully this will be useful to someone in the future.

When testing the FTDI USB interface, I saw references to shorting tdi/tdo. This translated to tdi/tdo=rts/cts - so short rts/cts on the ftdi programmer

I worked out that the JP1 interface on my NAS box was the following spec:

Quellcode

ARM 
1  VREF - Voltage Ref
2  VSupply - Supply Voltage 2
3  TRST - Test Reset
5  TDI - Test data in
7  TMS - Test Mode Select
9  TCLK/TCK -  Test Clock
11 RTCK - Return Clock
13 TDO - Test data Out
15 RESET/nSRST - System Reset
17 DBGRQ - Debug Request
19 DGBACK - Debug Ack
   GND  4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20 

My FTDI programmer appeared as cable type 4.
When working on linking the USB RS232 lines out to the JP1 interface, this was the translation required:

Quellcode

GND to GND
TxD to TMS
RxD to TCK
RTS to TDI
VCC to VCC
CTS to TD0

These are the results I got when testing the programmer against the NAS box, and writing the redboot image.

Quellcode

Cable type 4 detected.
Device is in debug-mode - OK

CPU-Type SL3316 detected.

Flash-Manufacturer: 0x01
Flash-Device-ID: 227e-2210-2200
Flash type - OK

Erasing Flash. Please wait - done.
Write data to Flash.
 128.0 /  128.0 - done.

This is the result of the partitions in flash after the redboot re-image.

Quellcode

=> Select: 2

Name               	FLASH addr  	Mem addr	Datalen 	Entry point
RedBoot       	0x70000000-7001FFFF  0x70000000  0x00000000  0x00000000
FIS directory 	0x707F0000-707FFFFF  0x707F0000  0x00000000  0x00000000
Kern          	0x70020000-7024FFFF  0x01600000  0x0022BBE4  0x01600000
Ramdisk       	0x701A0000-704FFFFF  0x00800000  0x0035290E  0x00800000
Application   	0x703A0000-707CFFFF  0x00000000  0x0042E5FB  0x00000000
CurConf       	0x707D0000-707DFFFF  0x00000000  0x00020000  0x00000000
VCTL          	0x707C0000-707CFFFF  0x00000000  0x00010000  0x00000000

Bootlegger

dosmen

Anfänger

Sonntag, 19. April 2015, 17:34

Hi all
There is a problem with 35HD-DUAL-NAS:
Use NAS_FlashTool_2.0.6.839

Quellcode

Cable type 1 detected.
Device is in debug-mode - OK

CPU-Type SL3316 detected.

Flash-Manufacturer: 0x401f
Flash-Device-ID: e3c4-2000-e10f
Flash type - unknown!

Some errors detected!

Flash on the board S29GL064M90TFIR4, time for erasing sector 10000 ms.
Flash is faulty?
Or not supported flash S29GL064M90TFIR4 in NAS_FlashTool_2.0.6.839

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 21. April 2015, 11:33

Hi dosmen,
thank you for the detailed description of your problem.

I suggest this to be a result of a faulty NAS hardware.
Your chip is supported by the flashtool. You find a list of supported chips at the wiki.

I got a DUALNAS showing similar symptom from an Italian member recently.
The device booted into redboot but was not able to erase and flash the chip from the bootloader.
Then I tried JTAG and it was not possible either.
Reading the Flash ID requires special write commands. If they fail the program reads the flash contents instead and these values lead to the wrong Flash information.

After measuring the power 3.3V supply (which is available on the serial port pin header) I saw that it was not stable.
I found that ALL electrolytic capacitors were at end of life. Some were completely broken, some showed half of the capacitance and large ESR.
After replacing the capacitors I could flash the chip again.

Hope this solves your problem,
HWguru

P.S. maybe I will start a new thread for this discussion.