domenica, 17 dicembre 2017, 09:10 UTC+1

Non risulti loggato.

• Login
  • Registrazione

Gentile visitatore,
Benvenuto su NAS Forum. Se questa è la tua prima visita, ti chiediamo di leggere la sezione Aiuto. Questa guida ti spiegherà il funzionamento di questa pagina. Prima di poter utilizzare tutte le funzioni di questo software dovrai registrarti. Usa la form di registrazione per registrarti adesso, oppure visualizza maggiori informazioni sul processo di registrazione. Se sei già un utente registrato, allora dovrai solamente procedere con il login da qui.

t3ch42

Principiante

martedì, 04 marzo 2014, 14:40

Experiences so far using other open-wrt sources on MZK-NAS02SG

Hey AQUAR,
Thought I would add an update on my experiences so far with the source I listed on the other NFS thread since that was getting off topic.
As I said, I had no problems installing the mdadm package for the gemini SOC, but I do not have a whole lot to describe.
I used a cheap USB hub, non powered, and plugged two WD 500GB Book powered drives in. Don't remember the model are about 5-6 years old I guess.
Well, I created 3 partitions on each, 500MB,256GB,and the rest as an extended.
I used the commands to create a 0 level raid, no other reason, but to create it in the middle of the physical drive.
Creating the drive took no time, but the format as type ext4 took forever. 6 hours maybe? I had to create a /etc/mdadm folder for the mdadm.conf file which kind of worried me.
I made a test file and placed it in the mounted partition, and rebooted. After reboot, the array wasn't automatically started. Need to find out where the config file should go.
I performed a quick scan and auto reassemble
mdadm --assemble --scan

And the md0 device showed up again. My file was there after I mounted.
Was the experience from before the same as well?

AQUAR

Allievo

mercoledì, 05 marzo 2014, 07:01

Hi t3ch42,

Yes its better to start a new thread .

Have a look at this thread Installing the 2 drives in mirror RAID 1
That one describes the experience from the only other person that was interested in software raid.

The interest was for RAID 1, so see if you can get that working.
I did contact the developer of this software once and might solicit for help if needed.

Also I can set up my test unit and experiment along side, as long as I get some help wrt Linux (if needed!).
The test unit is set up for easy recovery via the serial port.
So if a configuration change causes kernel panic I can restore it quickly.

t3ch42

Principiante

sabato, 08 marzo 2014, 04:11

Real quick,
I tried to create a mirror RAID using the devices, but it never recognized them.
I would think that we should be able to build using either the device or partitions.
Granted, I didn't put too much into it the other night.
Will check it out this weekend if I can get some time.

AQUAR

Allievo

sabato, 08 marzo 2014, 10:46

Thanks for the feedback.

Hopefully you will work through the issues and find out what needs doing to add RAID 1 functionality.

t3ch42

Principiante

venerdì, 14 marzo 2014, 15:42

Working, just extremely slow sync time. Haven't rebooted but thinking that the problem for not being present after reboot may be a init issue? Not quite sure.

root@NAS:/mnt/md0p1# cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [linear] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [multipath] [faulty]
md0 : active raid1 sdd[1] sdc[0]
488255360 blocks super 1.2 [2/2] [UU]
[>....................] resync = 1.9% (9742144/488255360) finish=42560.6min speed=187K/sec

unused devices: <none>
root@NAS:/mnt/md0p1#

Any thoughts on speeding this process up?

AQUAR

Allievo

domenica, 16 marzo 2014, 06:48

Seems very promising so far.
No thought on how to speed up this process but hopefully its just a one time setup inconvenience.

I wonder if slow resync speed is typical for these types of NAS devices with low processing power.
Maybe others can give some feedback relative to NAS devices with RAID 1 functionality.