Montag, 18. Dezember 2017, 17:43 UTC+1

Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden
  • Registrieren

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: NAS Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

csystem

Anfänger

Dienstag, 25. März 2008, 20:17

MRT DUAL-NAS unbricking problems

Hellow

I have problem for up date the NAS dual HDD , the system is crash , and disapear .
I try to reprograming again as the instution to give the '' HWguru''. The system to request
'' Are you sure to program boot y/n '' i select yes , but the connection telnet is down .
Meby the PC is go to sleep mode and telnet is disconnect .

After that I try to connect again with telnet but is not possible .

Ecxisting any solution for this problem ???.

Thank you

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 25. März 2008, 21:08

RE: Nas Dual Hdd Problem

If you cannot reach Bootloader any more you need JTAG for flashing.
Do you know the MRT wiki and Forum ?
Have a look at our wiki and this thread which is written in English.

If you took a wrong image and use "program boot" you overwrite the complete flash including the bootloader.

HWguru
Leute ohne Laster haben oft wenige Tugenden...
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

csystem

Anfänger

Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008, 01:06

Hi HWguru

I have read the Link to sujest me adout the problem to have with my MRT NAS . I don't try all this time to fix the problem .

Because Is not have time to work on this , and I like to know good step by step all the procedure . At now I will try to fix, and I would like to help me on this , is the first time to programing with JTAG .

I read more problem in the forum about this subject . And select all item to need .I don't find the Unbricking guide http://mrt.nas-central.org/index.php/The…nbricking_guide this link in not work ?.

1. About the JTAG I made by hand one with out Buffer , you are sujest one drawing at the http://forum.nas-forum.org/index.php?pag…0b48d9a89450990

2. The Newest firmware for the MRT NAS DUAL (SATA) http://www.embeded-systems.net/firmware.htm G5S504020033B34.tar.gz

3. Flash programmer NAS Flash Tools 2.0.1.175 NAS_FlashTool_2.0.1.745.zip & Tinky

4. LPT driver software http://www.naughter.com/download/port95nt.exe . This port95nt.exe is need to run before eneble the dedug mode ,? nad how to configyred EPP ?. Please give information for this .

5. Connect one 100 ohm resistor as the photo ( MRT R36 Hark ) in order to enable debug mode.

6. Connected JTAG cable to adapter only after start of NAS . IT IS IMPORTANT because otherwise debug mode does not work! , Or connected the JTAG cable and ofter connect 1 to 17 and enable the debug mode .

7. Run the NAS Fash Tool and after the test as the instuction http://www.nas-2000.org/mwiki/index...sh_through_JTAG write the flash

8. If all is Ok watch the output of ''REDBOOT '' at this point please give to udrestand better what at meed ?

9. Unzip the file G5S504020033B34.tar.gz and find the next files ( zImage, hddapp.tgz, rd.gz) , and upload one by one with the TFTP server . ( is possible to propose one program)

10. If all is Ok , NAS booting fine (check DHCP server log for its IP) .

Please informed if have in any step wrong ?

Thank you .
»csystem« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008, 09:53

Hello csystem!

The unbricking guide is online again. You could also use Google with "MRT unbricking guide" and then follow the link "Cached". Then you get a copy stored by google.

8. is no real instruction. If the bootloader is programmed again, you will see the console messages with telnet or a serial cable

9. Download tftp from here. It's usage is described in the unbricking guide. You only need to start it. No configuration is required.

There are no mistakes in your checklist.
Only be aware of electrostatic discharge and that GND of NAS is connected with the PC.

Calimera from Vienna :flat: HWguru

P.S. moved the thread to "Bootloader Topics"
NAS2000 2.3.2.IB.2.RS.1+Lüfterabschaltung+SSH+do_it+zusätzliche commandline tools+changed root password
1. suchen - lesen - Google - lesen - 1. Fragen gehören ins Forum, dann profitieren alle davon!

csystem

Anfänger

Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008, 12:56

Guten Morgen Hwguru

I try all step's . Run the NAS flashtols new version and chek the cable with the buttton '' test cable '' all is OK , the ' 'LED test '' is no have any LED on , this is the two step before connect to the NAS . But if connect to the NAS have problem , I show you the repost , At this time the R36 is connect and i connect after the Power and the 1,2 to 17 . I try with the NAS Flash tools old version is the same problem , but the " LED test '' is ON the LED correct .

Testing cabletype 1
JTAG-IDCODE: 0x00000bc1 - not OK
Expected: 0x00526fa1
Bypass-test: 0xaaab5554 - OK

Testing cabletype 2
JTAG-IDCODE: 0xffffffff - not OK
Bypass-test: 0xffffffff - not OK

Expected: 0xaaab5554

Error:
- No cable detected
- Testdevice not connected

Some errors detected!

Thanks

Vassilis csystem

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008, 22:26

Hi,
try to connect the JTAG cable before you turn on the power of your nas. If you do that too late it may cause problems.

The LED test is is a test where you simply connect a led with a series resistor to your adapter to check if it is working.

I feel your adapter is ok.

HWguru

csystem

Anfänger

Montag, 22. Dezember 2008, 09:46

Hi Hwguru

I have connect all time the JTAG connector on the NAS , and after push the button power ON position , the next step is to connect the pin 1,2 to the 17 .
but no have any other action .

The length of cable to connect the LPT connector and JTAG is 60 cm , is dig ?
I check two times the circuit of the JATG with any WRONG connections but all is OK . I change also the led resistor from 100 ohm to the 1k ( for the lower dissipation current signal on the LED)

Vassilis
Csystem

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Montag, 22. Dezember 2008, 10:03

You can always keep the 1-17 connection.

Do not change the Resistor to 1k.
The led is primary used to limit the Voltage because the nas requires 3,3V and the LPT port is 5V.
With 1k the signal will be distorted because of the 220pF capacitor and will not work.

The cable should be as short as possible.
PC --- LPT extension cable max 1,5m --- Adapter --- JTAG signal connection max.15cm --- NAS

Does the loopback/shortplug test work? Connect TDI with TDO (no NAS) and run "JTAG Test".

HWguru

csystem

Anfänger

Montag, 22. Dezember 2008, 14:56

Hi Hwguru

The fist time to test is us the resistor 100 ohm after change this to 1k ,I install again the 100ohm .

The loopback/shortplug test work is ok .

I cut lenght of the cable to connect the LPT connector and NAS connector . I reminred you use the JTAG with out Buffer . And the cable is ONE . :comp01:

I send you the answer about this test . ?(

VASSILIS

Csystem

csystem

Anfänger

Montag, 22. Dezember 2008, 21:38

Hi Hwguru

The answer is negative , all is the same ,look the report .

With power ON NAS the report is the next

Testing cabletype 1

Testing cabletype 2

Error:
- No cable detected

Some errors detected!

With power OFF NAS the report is the next

Testing cabletype 1

Testing cabletype 2

Error:
- No cable detected

Some errors detected!

I hope to have same good idea :!: :hmm:

VASSILiS

CSystem

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 23. Dezember 2008, 09:07

Testing cabletype 1
"Bypass-test: 0xaaab5554 - OK" tells me that the JTAG adapter seems to work. This test sends a pattern through the JTAG chain. Also the R36 hack must be ok, otherwise JTAG would not work.

"JTAG-IDCODE: 0x00000bc1 - not OK" :think:
Try the connection 1-17 before power-on of the nas. Or do it 1 second after power on

HWguru

csystem

Anfänger

Dienstag, 23. Dezember 2008, 10:59

Hi Hwguru

I work this JTAG with out buffer Link

About the connection I have try all this . :comp01:

VASSILIS

csystem

csystem

Anfänger

Dienstag, 30. Dezember 2008, 16:55

Hi Hwguru

You have some good idea ? :think:

Vassilis

csystem

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Dienstag, 30. Dezember 2008, 17:12

Hi,
sorry but I have no good idea.

Could you try to make the cable really short? PC - NAS <20cm
Or do you have another PC with a LPT port? I have one that only works with a buffered cable.

HWguru

csystem

Anfänger

Dienstag, 30. Dezember 2008, 20:30

Hi Hwguru

I try with the small cable 12 cm , but nothing , the report to send you is after to cut the cable.
I have one old PC 486 , I try now with this PC . :hmm:

Vassilis
Csystem

csystem

Anfänger

Dienstag, 30. Dezember 2008, 23:28

Hi Hwguru

I test all with other PC , ( not PC 486) but with laptop 586 , but the result is the same . :wacko:

I give you same inforamtion if you help . With the NAS 2000 Flash Tools 1.0.4.191 , Try to test LED cable 1 all led is on ok , with the test Cable 2

If test the led TMS all led is OFF , is test led TCK the led TMS is ON , if test the led TDI the led TCK is ON . All this hapen and with the first PC. :wacko:

Vassilis

csystem

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Mittwoch, 31. Dezember 2008, 02:07

Hi,
Led test is Ok as you describe.

Cable Type 1 and 2 use different pinout. Look at bottom of this post.

Could you make a picture of your setup and upload it to rapidshare or anything like that?

I read your 1st post again where you say "system crashed"... Without doing an upgrade?
Maybe you hardware simply died :S .

HWguru

csystem

Anfänger

Freitag, 16. Januar 2009, 00:42

Hi HWguru

Please looking the picture to send you .

About the ''system crashed' , the system is not finish the firmware update thru the LAN , and after connect with telnet and also is not finish good ,

Vassilis
Csystem
»csystem« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:
  • NAS HDD 1.jpg (150,36 kB - 42 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 7. Oktober 2016, 20:24)
  • NAS HDD 3.jpg (147,26 kB - 27 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 7. Oktober 2016, 20:24)
  • NAS HDD 4.jpg (127,85 kB - 32 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 7. Oktober 2016, 20:24)
  • NAS HDD 5.jpg (115,67 kB - 23 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 7. Oktober 2016, 20:24)
  • NAS HDD 2.jpg (146,41 kB - 36 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 7. Oktober 2016, 20:24)

HWguru

NAS2000-Team

Freitag, 16. Januar 2009, 20:18

Hi, I checked your photos.
Everything looks good :S .

Have you tried the latest released tool? 2.0.1.745 ?
I found that the LED does not work with this version but programming and JTAG Test is ok.

I think there is the problem that the NAS TDO pin cannot drive the LPT correctly. We should try adding a buffer (like a HC244).
One thing you could try is to remove the LED for TDO. Later you could try adding a 1 kohm resistor to 3.3V or to GND.

HWguru

csystem

Anfänger

Samstag, 24. Januar 2009, 01:56

Dear HWguru

I have try all but the same rusalt . Maby is better to try with the buffer as to tell me , Please informed about the correct connetion on the JTAG port for the NAS MRT dual HDD .
And the spesification of the SL 3316-6 .
I have see the drawing of the kuzito , i use all cable to connect the Jtag on the motherboard ? .

Vassilis
Csystem